• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mzansi Super League

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Fast bowling stocks still doing alright.

And Verreynne is only 22, thought he looked composed.... he starts converting some of his 50's into 100's and can see pushing selection. All redheads welcome.

SeamUp

International Coach
Fast bowling stocks still doing alright.

And Verreynne is only 22, thought he looked composed.... he starts converting some of his 50's into 100's and can see pushing selection. All redheads welcome.
We were pretty good when we last had gingers in the set-up :D

This was definitely the format that he needed most work in but he looks a fast learner.

I get this feel when you watch a player and he looks like he would suite wk/batsman role the higher up he goes whereas I can't get myself to think that re: Rudi Second for example.

How about that Dads army for Tshwane. They going to wish they had more energy in that bowling. Next draft they should have opportunities to correct that with Dupavillon. C.Bosch and N.Burger.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Everybody deserves a swansong....
One last pay day ey.

I do wonder what sort of knowledge the trusty people have but this seasons competition will iron out a few things for those who are past it or those who aren't T20 players (von Berg & Harmer just 2 examples here).

SeamUp

International Coach
Nortje now going through Amla for speed.

Opening with Steyn. What a treat.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Haha through Erwee and then through Bavuma for ducks after getting van Wyk !!

None of the lesser known SA batsmen have stood up yet bar Verreynne.

SeamUp

International Coach
Now through Amla for LBW

I knew he was fast when he was younger. Funnily enough same SA Schools side as Dupavillon.

Then he got a back stress fracture and only last couple of seasons did he recover from it but was bowling 140 max but now he is fully back alright. High 140s and it looks like his action helps with the pace to rush the best.

SeamUp

International Coach
Decent knocks by Albie & Khaya gives the Heat a real chance with their bowling attack.

Malusi never an SA A bowler like he was picked on tour to Asia but T20 cricket on coastal wickets he really has bowled well for a while with his mix ups, angled length and yorkers.

SeamUp

International Coach
Thoughts on Janneman.

Loves advancing and hitting square of the wicket on the off-side. Quite punchy on both sides as he played a nice pull shot too.

Need to see more off the front foot from the crease.

I think de Lange could travel here if he doesn't get it right. Always been small boundaries in Durbz and with the bounce it flies.

Last edited: