• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mzansi Super League

SeamUp

International Coach
Rickelton keeps getting compared to Quinnie de Kock. So lets see.

Hahaha and seconds later JP compares him to de Kock

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Nice to see Rickelton get runs.

And Nortje looked good, this MSL is letting us have a nice look at some possible Proteas.

SeamUp

International Coach
Henry Davids. Wins two tosses. Sends opposition in. Both get over 200. Don't chase both down.

Really good night for younger players. Rickelton, Fortuin, Bosch. Also thought Olivier/Hendricks are bowling well.

Dan Paterson has bowled 8 overs for 100 runs in.the tournament.

SA players are back tonight for CT Blitz v NMB Giants

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Henry Davids. Wins two tosses. Sends opposition in. Both get over 200. Don't chase both down.

Really good night for younger players. Rickelton, Fortuin, Bosch. Also thought Olivier/Hendricks are bowling well.

Dan Paterson has bowled 8 overs for 100 runs in.the tournament.

SA players are back tonight for CT Blitz v NMB Giants
Paterson has been terrible.... much prefer Dala.

Morris and Tahir for the Giants are big returns.

SeamUp

International Coach
Paterson has been terrible.... much prefer Dala.

Morris and Tahir for the Giants are big returns.
Just to have the Proteas names back is a boost even if rushed back & not caring much for jet-lag.

Morris/Tahir probably in for Williams/Magala

We get QdK, captain Fudgie, Lucky back

Same for me on Dala over Paterson. This is a bigger stage & Dala has shown more before for SA than Paterson. The higher the level of competition the more definitive opinion you can form on players which should be good for SA we now have a tournament like this.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Didn't even know Tshwane Spartans v Durban Heat starts at 2

Not going to help the numbers for Durban support on a work day early afternoon :laugh:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It actually been more fun than I thought it would be..... and as you say getting a better idea of the potential and youngsters.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't even know Tshwane Spartans v Durban Heat starts at 2

Not going to help the numbers for Durban support on a work day early afternoon :laugh:
Some of the organisation for game days has been shoddy.... weather has not helped either, still having this horrible windy and wet weather, but I think this is the only place on the calendar to fit the competition in. I also think it would be better to start games at 6 rather than 7, particularly if you want families to attend.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some of the organisation for game days has been shoddy.... weather has not helped either, still having this horrible windy and wet weather, but I think this is the only place on the calendar to fit the competition in. I also think it would be better to start games at 6 rather than 7, particularly if you want families to attend.
I did wonder about this too. Our normal domestic T20 always started 6PM which is perfect.

I doubt it is for TV Scheduling because it makes it even later for Asia. Not much of a difference for UK and maybe about lunchtime in Carribean.

SeamUp

International Coach
Durban Heat
In : Miller, Klaasen, Bokako
Out : Erwee, Bavuma, Subrayen

Tshwane Spartans
In : Raza, Williams
Out : Elgar, Rossouw

No Ngidi ? Would have been in for Rory surely.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
Durban Heat
In : Miller, Klaasen, Mavuta

Tshwane Spartans

Must have some knock. No other explanation why you wouldn't play him.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Durban Heat
In : Miller, Klaasen, Mavuta

Tshwane Spartans

I hope Erwee and Subrayen continue to get opportunities...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any place to watch this off the net legally, its not like its not free to air here in SA. Taxes pay for it anyway (not that I pay taxes!).....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
GeoLocked, have to use my gateway and signup.... nah, will just keep tabs via cricinfo. Thanks though.