• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MY View on this

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The majority of people who play Sunday cricket for village-only sides play Saturday league cricket too - I can't believe for a second that anyone doesn't play league cricket is being stopped from it.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
The majority of people who play Sunday cricket for village-only sides play Saturday league cricket too - I can't believe for a second that anyone doesn't play league cricket is being stopped from it.
If the village only plays the friendlies though what would be the incentive for someone to pay two sets of membership fees in order to be able to play on a saturday?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:
If the village only plays the friendlies though what would be the incentive for someone to pay two sets of membership fees in order to be able to play on a saturday?
Haven't you answered the question in the question?

Matteh

Neil Pickup said:
Haven't you answered the question in the question?
My club in the last couple of years has started a pay by match membership fee system, and in that case it would be possible to switch between teams.
But before that system came about you had to pay £40-50 at the start of the season, and if you had to do that between two clubs not knowing exactly how much you will actually play then you're more than likely going to limit yourself in some way.

Matteh

Neil Pickup said:
So which clubs do you want to close?
Mickleton CC may as well not exist. Plays outside the village by a mile on a ground which is the football pitch in winter, has a pretty big pylon at a long mid-off position and has been stuck in the 7th division of the Cotswold Hills League. They should take their 'squad' and go 4 miles up the road to Chipping Campden CC. Financially this would make more sense in the long-term too.

I am well aware that this probably wouldn't be the case if generalised.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Matteh said:
Mickleton CC may as well not exist. Plays outside the village by a mile on a ground which is the football pitch in winter, has a pretty big pylon at a long mid-off position and has been stuck in the 7th division of the Cotswold Hills League. They should take their 'squad' and go 4 miles up the road to Chipping Campden CC. Financially this would make more sense in the long-term too.

I am well aware that this probably wouldn't be the case if generalised.

7th division :laugh: :laugh:

Matteh

chris.hinton said:
7th division :laugh: :laugh:
Lowest division in the region. My Club 1sts are in the Premier and the Seconds are in the Second division having just been promoted (season before they were relegated from the Second).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
He wasn't really using the term in an offensive manner, so it shouldn't really be deemed racist.
There is no way to use that term in a manner that is anything other than offensive. It was a typo, but if it is not, then it is obviously offensive, regardless of what you meant.

ripper868

International Coach
you may notice that b and n are right next to each other on the keyborad, perhaps chris could edit the post to prevent any further misunderstandings.