• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muralitharan big spin

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series was played on much much faster pitches to negate Indian batsmen. This was the only series Murali bowled at home on unresponsive pitches. Indian spinners were taken to pieces in that series. And this is how it behaved in Galle. See the snorter to Ganguly.

The only SL pacer that reminds me of this guy is Lahiru Kumara.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Lahiru is lot more accurate than this man. That is the very reason this guy hits batsmen with such a frequency. G. Smith, Sarwan, Kallis, Ganguly, many indians from that series were his victims. Even he doesn't know which one is going to rear up from the length.

the big bambino

International Captain
BOOM!. I was thinking the same. Reckon Kumara the better bowler though. Enjoyed that clip from Migara showing Fernando's 5fa. The lifter on Ganguly was a beaut but I liked the ball that got - was it Hemang? The full length enticing the shot then the drift away from the left hander that got the edge. I'm not really familiar with SL pitches but don't they vary a tad? Galle being more favourable to speed than the usual Lankan ground?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
BOOM!. I was thinking the same. Reckon Kumara the better bowler though. Enjoyed that clip from Migara showing Fernando's 5fa. The lifter on Ganguly was a beaut but I liked the ball that got - was it Hemang? The full length enticing the shot then the drift away from the left hander that got the edge. I'm not really familiar with SL pitches but don't they vary a tad? Galle being more favourable to speed than the usual Lankan ground?
Galle was paradise of spin. But this one was particularly grassy. In SL even if you leave a lot of grass, it never produces the seaming pitches which Eng or NZ produce. It rather becomes even paced, with no support for spinners. Batsmen will have field days towards end of the match.

After the tsunami, the pitch did quicken up, because the soil content and the salinity drastically changed. But after 15 years, of watering, it looks like galls is slowly reversing to it's pre-tsunami spin paradise.

Burgey

Don’t know why we need to throw this into a discussion surrounding Murali tbh

Burgey

I mean, I get why you'd chuck it in, but seems like it might lead to some frayed tempers

trundler

I know we're used to doing this tiresome **** flinging but it doesn't have to be this way. Thanks for the excellent footage, Migz. Murali did wreck India at home.

Burgey

I know we're used to doing this tiresome **** flinging but it doesn't have to be this way. Thanks for the excellent footage, Migz. Murali did wreck India at home.
Bent arm or straight?

The Greta Thunberg of the forum has spoken.

Burgey

Yeah I know, Greta has a cause she believes in and has mobilized loads of people.

TheJediBrah

Greta probably doesn't know what day of the week it is without someone giving her a calendar to read off