• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move over Gillchrist....

Nnanden said:
I`ll talk about what I want, try and stop me. Every thread talks about other things.

Likewise please remember that othes too have the right to talk about what the want.Looks like you don't preach what you urself practice.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Likewise please remember that othes too have the right to talk about what the want.Looks like you don't preach what you urself practice.
I have no idea of the relevance of that comment. Nowhere has Nathan tried denying you the freedom of expression, which is what he was favouring...

Neil Pickup said:
I have no idea of the relevance of that comment. Nowhere has Nathan tried denying you the freedom of expression, which is what he was favouring...
If you have no idea then please remain mute.On more than 1 occasion that fellow tried to deny my freedom. I always express my views on cricket but some ppl here seems to be inteested in bashing others which is sad really.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
GladiatrsInBlue said:
If you have no idea then please remain mute.On more than 1 occasion that fellow tried to deny my freedom. I always express my views on cricket but some ppl here seems to be inteested in bashing others which is sad really.
You need to learn to differentiate between "trying to deny freedom" and banter. You've been "bashed" (your words) - but no-one's told you not to post (well, for any reason other than tenuous grasp of reality).

Neil Pickup said:
You need to learn to differentiate between "trying to deny freedom" and banter. You've been "bashed" (your words) - but no-one's told you not to post (well, for any reason other than tenuous grasp of reality).
And you and your fellow need to learn that asking someone to stick to the topic of the thread is NOt denying the freedom. 8-)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
GladiatrsInBlue said:
And you and your fellow need to learn that asking someone to stick to the topic of the thread is NOt denying the freedom. 8-)
Very good. Now, where exactly did I say it was?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alright I think this has been done with. This is now officially OT.

GladiatrsInBlue: If you have a problem with what's going on in a thread, email the mods (myself, Neil, James, Andre, Rich) or report the offending post and we'll have a look at the complaint. From what I've read, no-one has tried denying your freedom to post whatever you want and in reality, they can't anyway. All people have done is disagree with you. That does nothing to stop you posting, does it? Either deal with the fact that people may well disagree with what you have to say or, well, you might have to re-evaluate what you're doing on a discussion forum of any sort.

That freedom does extend to others too. If they don't strictly stick to the thread topic, well that's the way discussions often go. It's only when threads get wildly OT that the mods step in. This thread, until this point, was floundering a bit but could easily head back to being on topic.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
What I don't get GladiatorinBlue is how you can suggest Noni (sp) is as good if not better than GIllchrist based on only ONE innings of merit. How can you compare accurately a novice batsman to one of the best of all time?

Very strange. But most cricketing fanatics are very very strange people. Can't see the woods for the trees. Example Sonny Shaw in NZ is quite strange, as I suspect are you.

psxpro

Banned
Blakey said:
What I don't get GladiatorinBlue is how you can suggest Noni (sp) is as good if not better than GIllchrist based on only ONE innings of merit. How can you compare accurately a novice batsman to one of the best of all time?

Very strange. But most cricketing fanatics are very very strange people. Can't see the woods for the trees. Example Sonny Shaw in NZ is quite strange, as I suspect are you.

Exactly, lots of sportspeople have talent but the key to being an all time great is consistancy and using your talent well.

deeps

International 12th Man
Looks like you don't preach what you urself practice.
you really have no clue do you? You'r above statement means that he doesnt talk abotu what he does... which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, like alot of your comments. You obviously aren't very good at english, or don't bother to read other pplz posts, or you'r just ignorant.

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Likewise please remember that othes too have the right to talk about what the want.
as Neil said, he never denied you the right to talk about anything else. You are the one that was trying to deny him his right. Not the other way around, get your facts straight. He wasn't terribly off topic, it had some sort of relevance...this arguement is highly OT

Deja Moo on the other hand.......... :p

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
GladiatrsInBlue said:
He's not the only one with no idea, learn to express yourself properly, or you remain mute. Don't just type all this jibberish which is totally out of context, and expect ppl to just ignore it when you are accusing ppl of doing things they didn't. Why don't you come up with a quote of when he tried to deny your freedom?

You'r leaving yourself wide open for bashing, with some of the things you've been saying around her. Kinda sad really

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay, now you've all said your pieces and gotten your rocks off, can we please let it die??

If this goes any further OT, it gets closed.

C_C

International Captain
The only moving over Gilly should be doing is to protect the slip cordon from his farts.

I dont care if Dhoni turns out greater than Bradman.... as far as ODIs go,i WILL NOT compare an upstart newbie with an established veteran until he plays ATLEAST 100 or so matches in the modern context.

psxpro

Banned
Dhoni looking to build a decent innings today, I wonder what the topic starter is going through right now, true emotion but really maybe not cause he already knew dhoni is going to score big.

Could be a great player who knows, just getting a bit excited a bit too early

I'm going to ignore irritants here who think they are too smart and act like fools.

Anyway Dhoni did well in his thrird match of the series, three consecutive good figures.Keep it up !

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Anyway Dhoni did well in his thrird match of the series, three consecutive good figures.Keep it up !
28 off 24, batting at number three, when your team is chasing 320 isn`t exactly good, but the other two innings have been class. :)