• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Move over Gillchrist....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GladiatrsInBlue said:
He was the third highest scorer for India in the next match :@ , show some respect.
If you actually read the posts (try it sometime) you will see I wasn`t specifically talking about Dhoni.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
I believe that Dhoni will be given a chance at test level and i firmly believe that he will prove all his critics dead wrong
Its possible. No one can say with certainity that it is IMPOSSIBLE. But nor can it be said with ABSOLUTE certainity that it is INEVITABLE !!

Can you see the difference ?? :sleep:

SJS said:
Its possible. No one can say with certainity that it is IMPOSSIBLE. But nor can it be said with ABSOLUTE certainity that it is INEVITABLE !!

Can you see the difference ?? :sleep:

Anything is possible :p especially in cricket!

In Dhoni's case its MOST LIKELY, something which his die-hard critics don't wanna believe.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Anything is possible :p especially in cricket!

In Dhoni's case its MOST LIKELY, something which his die-hard critics don't wanna believe.
OK.

But the answer to a die hard's criticism isn't fanatic, unthinking and overhyped support. It is equally lacking in credibility.

tooextracool

International Coach
he is? all i can say is that hes incredibly flattered by his test average, and thats despite the fact that he averages 37.

Choora

State Regular
tooextracool said:
he is? all i can say is that hes incredibly flattered by his test average, and thats despite the fact that he averages 37.

Mate it will come down with time, the improvement in his bowling is very visible and i believe that right now he's India's best pacer

psxpro

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Just out of qurosity, the way you mentions Dhni's name make me wonder, is he turning horney? :mellow:

Dhoni must be god, he can do everything, so i love him as i would love god and i love god in more ways than just faith :drool:

deeps

International 12th Man
in balaji's case he is improving and has shown what he can do with the ball

Dhoni has also shown what he can do with the bat, but only one one occasion. He has talent, and MIGHT make it big, time will tell. But you are really over reacting as NOTHING is certain. Vinod Kambli made a few 200's in his first few matchs, and ppl were comparing him with bradman and sayin he's the next best thing,and some indian supporters were sayin he was better. Look at him now. He is a nobody

I can pull out tonnes of indian players that have gone down the same track. I can see IKP going down that track too if some1 doesnt deflate that head of his. He has shown talent, but has NEVER come up with the goods except against bangladesh. I realise this is his firsT BAD series, but he hasn't had a GOOD series either. Theyve been decent. He's been hyped up far too much.

IKP has shown talent but not produced anything against a decent opponent. Dhoni has shown talent and produced one good innings. Both have tonnes of talent, but IKP hasn't utilised it at all, Dhoni has done it once.

Gilchrist has been doing it for years now. no1 is doubting that he CAN do it, and no1 is saying he WON'T, but the way you say it, it seems like it's a forgone conclusion. THAT si where every1 is disagreeing with you.

it is NOT a foregone conclusion.

Afridi made 100 of 36 deliveries in his first match, he has oodles of talent as well. He hasn't got anywhere significant with the talent. He's played the odd good innings etc. but with his talent he should really be THE best all rounder. but he isn't. Same with Dhoni, the talent is unquestionable, but will it happen? it's up to him really.

masterblaster

International Captain
deeps said:

Dhoni has also shown what he can do with the bat, but only one one occasion. He has talent, and MIGHT make it big, time will tell. But you are really over reacting as NOTHING is certain. Vinod Kambli made a few 200's in his first few matchs, and ppl were comparing him with bradman and sayin he's the next best thing,and some indian supporters were sayin he was better. Look at him now. He is a nobody

I can pull out tonnes of indian players that have gone down the same track. I can see IKP going down that track too if some1 doesnt deflate that head of his. He has shown talent, but has NEVER come up with the goods except against bangladesh. I realise this is his firsT BAD series, but he hasn't had a GOOD series either. Theyve been decent. He's been hyped up far too much.

IKP has shown talent but not produced anything against a decent opponent. Dhoni has shown talent and produced one good innings. Both have tonnes of talent, but IKP hasn't utilised it at all, Dhoni has done it once.

Gilchrist has been doing it for years now. no1 is doubting that he CAN do it, and no1 is saying he WON'T, but the way you say it, it seems like it's a forgone conclusion. THAT si where every1 is disagreeing with you.

Afridi made 100 of 36 deliveries in his first match, he has oodles of talent as well. He hasn't got anywhere significant with the talent. He's played the odd good innings etc. but with his talent he should really be THE best all rounder. but he isn't. Same with Dhoni, the talent is unquestionable, but will it happen? it's up to him really.
Exactly.

Well said mate.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:

Its true that Irfan hasnt performed as per expectations but we must ask ourselves whether we should blame the youngsters even for the hype we or the media create which then increases expectations. Take away all the hype and think of Irfan as an ordinary youngster trying to break into the big league, like someone like say, Nehra and you will be able to see his performances in perspective. If people are going to start talking of him as the new Akram and then say he is no good since he is no where close to be an Akram, is it really his fault.

We must remember that its not Irfan who ever claimed to be an Akram nor is Dhoni asking to be compared with Gilchrist. It is our heads that are inflated because we feel good in the reflected glory from the stars of OUR countries and , therefore, we are the ones who need to get our feet on the ground.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
GladiatrsInBlue said:
The thread is about DHONI, stick to the topic, don't come up with other topic
I`ll talk about what I want, try and stop me. Every thread talks about other things.