• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most beautiful Cricket Grounds

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Adelaide has always looked very pictureque on the television.

The most beautiful 'man-made' grounds are Lord's and the SCG. You can't beat those stands.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shipston CC:

Looks like nearly all the other middle England cricket grounds....

Linda

International Vice-Captain
They were talking on the radio about some ground that was surrounded by volcanoes, and you could only get in by walking or chopper, or something along those lines. Did anyone else hear it? I cant remember the name.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
The WACA for me. Perfect venue for watching cricket.
I love the palm trees and Queens Gardens right next door, and after the reno's everyone is very close to the play.

Slow Love™

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Adelaide has always looked very pictureque on the television.

The most beautiful 'man-made' grounds are Lord's and the SCG. You can't beat those stands.
Yeah - there's always been something magical about the green roofing at the SCG in the night-time, particularly when there's a sunset behind them.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
I don't think any ground in the world can beat John Davies Oval (Queenstown).

The Basin Reserve comes close for me as its one of the few true cricket grounds around the world these days.
can you define what you mean by true cricket ground James?

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Definitely Queenstown...it's so stunningly beautiful! It looks like a shot taken right out of LOTR movie.

James

Cricket Web Owner
superkingdave said:
can you define what you mean by true cricket ground James?
A ground that has some character to it and isn't just some huge concrete structure, e.g. Telstra Dome, MCG, Eden Park.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The ground at Chail was quite good when I was there 4-5 years ago - world record holder for highest cricket ground in the world.

Deja moo

International Captain
You wouldnt want to see any major Indian Stadia from the outside. They're usually plain ugly.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
parisa said:
Definitely Queenstown...it's so stunningly beautiful! It looks like a shot taken right out of LOTR movie.
Unless you're on the enbankment with smuggled beer. :D