• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moment of the Summer

Moment of the Summer?

• Dhoni's Retirement

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ABDV's 100

• Adelaide Test

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The Blackcaps

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • NZ/SA

• TPC

• Other (state)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely Adelaide day 5 and Melbourne Day 3 from India's perspective. Brilliant attacking strokeplay with serious intent on taking the game away from the opposition team. Still annoyed we lost that Adelaide test from the position we were in at one point.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Probably that Rohit no-no-ball that snatched the World Cup from the Bangladeshis and landed it in Australia's hands.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Grant Elliot's six for sure.I got goosebumps seeing the NZ crowd roar after the ball landed in the stands.I'd probably assume this was unprecedented in NZ cricket.Almost rugby level passion from the fans.

Got to say there are some really hipster posts in this thread.The incidents involved in the India-Australia series is nowhere close to some of the epic moments we witnessed in this world cup imo.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Grant Elliot's six for sure.I got goosebumps seeing the NZ crowd roar after the ball landed in the stands.I'd probably assume this was unprecedented in NZ cricket.Almost rugby level passion from the fans.

Got to say there are some really hipster posts in this thread.The incidents involved in the India-Australia series is nowhere close to some of the epic moments we witnessed in this world cup imo.
Clarke's century was nowhere close? Really?

Spark

Global Moderator

I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or you really don't understand why that particular Test is special to Australians.

Yeah the WC had some great games and all but that was a moment of genuine catharsis, and something truly rare, after a singularly horrible week for anyone who loves the game in Australia.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Glad to see someone else mention Clarke's ton. Hughes' funeral must've come pretty damn close to breaking him mentally and he was broken physically. Yet you knew as soon as he took to the field that he wasn't leaving it without raising his bat having passed 3 figures.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In terms of a non-international moment, Sean Abbott bouncing out Queensland en route to taking 6/14 was pretty great to read about.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse or you really don't understand why that particular Test is special to Australians.

Yeah the WC had some great games and all but that was a moment of genuine catharsis, and something truly rare, after a singularly horrible week for anyone who loves the game in Australia.
No,nah.I was going to exclude that particular test in my post for some reason i didnt and generalized by a bit here.And no doubt emotions were riding high during that test so i can totally understand the inclusion.
I was mainly targeting the posts which mention the spat between Kohli and Johnson and their little battle during the test series which imo holds little significance in the grand scheme of things.Someone mentions Sanga's and Williamson's innings too.Matter of opinion i guess but aside from the Adelaide test with the tragic incident leading up to the series,i would've thought world cup moments would be high on people's lists.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
The thing about Clarke's ton wasn't just Hughes' passing, or that he was super close to Phil from playing at the same club and having mentored him from 18 years old. Or that he was comforting the family, making statements to the public on their behalf, AND leading the team through a very dark time with grace and poise. Or even that he was at loggerheads with the selectors about being fit for the first test and was likely to be left out of Brisbane if it hadn't been postponed. To then add a serious injury during his innings and have to retire hurt before coming back out the next day just a ****ed up as he was the day before and still get his ton was one of the greatest exhibitions of the power of will you will ever see. All the other stuff, great as it was, (#goldensummer) was still just cricket.

Clarke transcended the game. He had a million and one excuses not to even play the game, but he wasn't going to do less than pay the tribute to his mate that he felt he deserved and nothing and no one was going to stop it. The word hero gets thrown around pretty loosely in sport, but I reckon Clarke came the closest I've seen to genuine heroism on a sporting field right there.

Antihippy

International Debutant
The thing about Clarke's ton wasn't just Hughes' passing, or that he was super close to Phil from playing at the same club and having mentored him from 18 years old. Or that he was comforting the family, making statements to the public on their behalf, AND leading the team through a very dark time with grace and poise. Or even that he was at loggerheads with the selectors about being fit for the first test and was likely to be left out of Brisbane if it hadn't been postponed. To then add a serious injury during his innings and have to retire hurt before coming back out the next day just a ****ed up as he was the day before and still get his ton was one of the greatest exhibitions of the power of will you will ever see. All the other stuff, great as it was, (#goldensummer) was still just cricket.

Clarke transcended the game. He had a million and one excuses not to even play the game, but he wasn't going to do less than pay the tribute to his mate that he felt he deserved and nothing and no one was going to stop it. The word hero gets thrown around pretty loosely in sport, but I reckon Clarke came the closest I've seen to genuine heroism on a sporting field right there.
So you're saying that clarke is so selfish that he overshadowed the entire game of cricket?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No,nah.I was going to exclude that particular test in my post for some reason i didnt and generalized by a bit here.And no doubt emotions were riding high during that test so i can totally understand the inclusion.
I was mainly targeting the posts which mention the spat between Kohli and Johnson and their little battle during the test series which imo holds little significance in the grand scheme of things.Someone mentions Sanga's and Williamson's innings too.Matter of opinion i guess but aside from the Adelaide test with the tragic incident leading up to the series,i would've thought world cup moments would be high on people's lists.
To each his own. I thought Melbourne day 3 was well worth a mention.

Xuhaib

International Coach
As a Pakistani fan has to be the bowling effort vs South Africa no mateer many spin dominated whitewashes we do in UAE bot for me Pakistani cricket truly become alive only when its the pace bowlers leading the battle.

From a world cricket perspective Kohli effort on the final day at Adelaide and the NZ-SA SF.