• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Shahzad suspended by ACB for one year

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do you need your Board's permission to travel outside the country? Seems a very odd rule to have in place.

Daemon

Posted this back during the WC in response to a discussion surrounding the Agh-Pak fans fighting.

The ACB however has been pretty antagonistic towards the PCB from my understanding, ever since India 'adopted' Afghanistan (which was a political move probably not out of the goodness of their hearts).

The timing is just too coincidental. The moment India comes in, the ACB fall out with the PCB. They recall and fine players for living in Pakistan (where they grew up), Afghanistani players stop speaking in Urdu in interviews, CEOs mock Pakistan, players stop giving credit to Pakistan for their development etc. Very strange because Afghanistan cricket simply does not exist without Pakistan.

Could be bollocks but idk.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Very interesting side of the story you bring up there Daemon. I may be mistaken, but it would seem that Shahzad travelled to Pakistan without telling the board & this is what has landed him in hot water.

Had he jetted off to India instead, would the suspension have still come to pass?

smash84

The Tiger King
This might be in response to the video going viral in Pakistan where Shahzad is seen practicing in the nets in Pakistan. The ACB probably didn't take kindly to the video especially after the taunt to PCB asking them to send over Pakistan players to Afghanistan so they can make use of good facilities.

Burgey

How do you get suspended for traveling to another country ffs? The more I think about it, this is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

trundler

At first I thought, oh well he's an odd bloke so must've gotten into trouble but this is just ineffably bizarre. I said what so many times Samuel L Jackson shot me.

Burgey

This might be in response to the video going viral in Pakistan where Shahzad is seen practicing in the nets in Pakistan. The ACB probably didn't take kindly to the video especially after the taunt to PCB asking them to send over Pakistan players to Afghanistan so they can make use of good facilities.
Given the video was apparently posted in response to some Afghani dick-waving to start with, the response of the board here seems to reveal a large degree of insecurity over member size. This is terrible. Deadset cannot believe you'd get suspended for traveling to a neighbouring country. It's appalling.

This is exactly the situation where the world governing body should step in and sanction the ACB, which of course they won't.

And on another note, for an outfit which has had test status for about seven minutes, the ACB is awfully uppity. I mean, they're fielding a second grade side ffs.