• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Modern era ATGs?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Pant has a great chance as well. Has already played gun knocks in 4 continents (Aus, Ind, SA and Eng). Improved a lot as a keeper too. Need to keep doing this for another 5-6 years though.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pant already has a legit claim to be India’s greatest WK bat. Which just shows how **** our keepers have been over the years but you get my point
Nah. Engineer and Dhoni isn't meek competition. Budhi Kunderan has similar stats to Waite and Knott, dunno how good a keeper he was. The era of the keeper bat isn't particularly long and most teams have 2-3 blokes who were great WKBs.

OverratedSanity

Pant already has a legit claim to be India’s greatest WK bat. Which just shows how **** our keepers have been over the years but you get my point
Yeah I don't think it's a stretch to pick pant ahead of Dhoni/engineer even right now. I'd argue he doesn't really need the longevity in this comparison when he's done so much better overseas than the competition. He's had a bigger impact in these 3 years than those guys did in their careers as batsmen.

Chrish

International Debutant
I would still like for him to play 50 games before including him in such lists of AT Indian xi.

For being considered atg, need to do it for 5 years.

Burgey

Pant has a great chance as well. Has already played gun knocks in 4 continents (Aus, Ind, SA and Eng). Improved a lot as a keeper too. Need to keep doing this for another 5-6 years though.
SA, India and England aren’t continents though… ?

Slifer

International Captain
Rabada is very good but a notch below Cummins and Bumrah.
Happy you corrected yourself. Rabada is on the same plane as Cummins and Bumrah. I was skeptical about his record outside RSA but he's well on his way to fixing that.