• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mitchell Marsh

ataraxia

International Coach
Here's how CW members rated the fast bowlers a year or two back.

1. Malcolm Marshall
2. Glenn McGrath
3. Richard Hadlee
4. Curtly Ambrose
5. Dale Steyn
6. Imran Khan
7. Dennis Lillee
8. Fred Trueman
9. Wasim Akram
10. Allan Donald

I might add Southee came in at #40 and Hoggard didn't rate a mention.
What list is that? I thought the following was pretty canon:
18 Shaun Pollock
17 Andy Roberts
16 Ray Lindwall
15 Alan Davidson
14 Michael Holding
13 Allan Donald
12 Waqar Younis
11 Imran Khan
10 Fred Trueman
9 Sydney Barnes
8 Dennis Lillee
7 Matthew Hoggard
6 Joel Garner
5 Tim Southee
4 Curtly Ambrose
3 Richard Hadlee
2 Glenn McGrath
1 Malcolm Marshall
Odd coincidence: the exercise was even conducted by Qlder! He shouldn't be so surprised.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's always puzzled me that for all the brilliant players that the Aussies have produced since I've been watching cricket, they've never had a really top class all rounder.

Considering we've produced Botham, Flintoff and Stokes- the Aussie cupboard has always been pretty bare.

Green is the 1st player you've had for decades who could genuinely be a WC all rounder.
Watson says hello.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Knowing Australia’s loyalty they will drop him for cam green I reckon. Same thing when they dropped Boland after a few amazing test performances for hazlewood

Ali TT

International Debutant
Knowing Australia’s loyalty they will drop him for cam green I reckon. Same thing when they dropped Boland after a few amazing test performances for hazlewood
Mmarsh has had a bit of a resurrection in the limited over formats which might be the right mentality for this frantic series. Could be a series too early for Green.

Mmarsh's Ashes record is remarkable considering he's 21/47 against everyone else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably would have been best for all concerned if that had been a permanent dropping tbf