• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mick Lewis Tribute Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
So, does that make Murali one of the worst bowlers to ever play considering he went for 100 only a few months ago?
No thats shows he has a bad day

An average of 50 plus and e/r of over 6, which wasn't much better before this game, illustrates that Lewis is one of the worse.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lewis was awful and has never excelled. It's a spit in the face for every deserving bowler to have to watch him.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
The difference between Murali and Lewis is that Murali was a one off and Lewis has basically done it his whole career and a decent performance was an one off.
I would hardly call 7 games a career. But I do do agree that he doesn't look that special which is sad considering of all the bowlers in world cricket his runup and action is closest to my own:)

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I didn't knew Mohd Sami had an Aussie twin brother:laugh:

Seriously if the likes of Mick Lewis ,M Sami, Rana Naveed & Ajit Agarkar play for a team, a total of 600 would be within one's reach!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I had a look at Mick Lewis' bowling performances to date:

Code:
 O    M  R   W  Econ I R Match

9.5  0  56  3  5.69 2 W CH Trophy  2 v NZ  in NZ  2005/06 at Wellington (WS) (d/n) [2302]
 9    0  77  1  8.56 2 L CH Trophy  3 v NZ  in NZ  2005/06 at Christchurch (d/n) [2303]
 5    0  30  0  6.00 2 W VB Series F2 v SL  in Aus 2005/06 at Sydney (d/n) [2328]
10    1  52  1  5.20 1 W VB Series F3 v SL  in Aus 2005/06 at Brisbane (d/n) [2330]
 3    0  25  0  8.33 2 L 1st ODI      v SA  in SA  2005/06 at Centurion [2341]
10    0  38  2  3.80 1 W 4th ODI      v SA  in SA  2005/06 at Durban (d/n) [2348]
10    0 113  0  11.3 2 L 5th ODI      v SA  in SA  2005/06 at Johannesburg [2349]
Now, as you can see, only once in his career so far has Lewis gone for under 5 an over. He's gone over 6 an over four times, and gone for over eight an over no less than 3 times.

Now, to be fair to him, he has bowled in high scoring games - last 2 CH matches, the Aus vs SA match etc.

And, take away his bowling performance in the 4th AUS vs SA odi, and his econ rate jumps to about 7.5!

I think his chances with Aus are pretty poor at the moment.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Tim said:
So, does that make Murali one of the worst bowlers to ever play considering he went for 100 only a few months ago?
What's with people bringing up Murali. Any opportunity to (yet again) try to play down his achievements. The two aren't remotely comparable. Perhaps if Lewis had taken over 400 ODI wickets while giving away less than 4 runs per over, the point would be somewhat relevant.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
What's with people bringing up Murali. Any opportunity to (yet again) try to play down his achievements. The two aren't remotely comparable. Perhaps if Lewis had taken over 400 ODI wickets while giving away less than 4 runs per over, the point would be somewhat relevant.
Err, the point is relevant because someone who is a Sri Lankan supporter just posted a gloating thread blasting a player who just broke the record for the worst ODI figures, when Murali broke the same record just a few weeks ago. Nobody is saying Lewis is as good as Murali, but it certainly shows a ridiculous double standard to make a thread like this and then say that Murali going for 99 means nothing at all.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I never said it meant nothing, it meant he had a bad day.

But for Lewis this is a common trend, as BlackCap Fan has shown. It not often you come across players this crap, they deserve to be acknowleged for being so bad.

Call it a double standard if you want.

Also i think the New South Welshman in me, that wanted me to make the thread, more then the Sri Lankan. Its always good to see a Mexician perform bad.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You guys make me sick. Mick missed a trick, performed like he was bowling a brick, the Saffas had a lick, and he couldn't get a nick. You don't like him because he's from Vic.

Dasa

FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, the point is relevant because someone who is a Sri Lankan supporter just posted a gloating thread blasting a player who just broke the record for the worst ODI figures, when Murali broke the same record just a few weeks ago. Nobody is saying Lewis is as good as Murali, but it certainly shows a ridiculous double standard to make a thread like this and then say that Murali going for 99 means nothing at all.
Ahhh so the thread would be just fine if an Australian supporter had started it? I don't see the thread as gloating at all, just pointing out that Lewis is out of his depth at international level, which is something I don't think anyone would disagree with. Yet you and others compare Lewis to Murali, who is a proven brilliant performer and one of the best ever.

You and others decided to make an issue of who the thread starter supports when he didn't mention it. This thread had nothing to do with nationality or team support until you guys brought up Murali. No ridiculous double standards here either since chaminda_00 never said Murali's 99 run spell meant "nothing at all".

mikeW

Hopefully he can come back to Victoria and perform like he has for the whole season in the Pura Cup final. For those interested he's taken 25 wickets @ 23.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
You guys make me sick. Mick missed a trick, performed like he was bowling a brick, the Saffas had a lick, and he couldn't get a nick. You don't like him because he's from Vic.
Thanks for that, Eminem.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
Ahhh so the thread would be just fine if an Australian supporter had started it? I don't see the thread as gloating at all, just pointing out that Lewis is out of his depth at international level, which is something I don't think anyone would disagree with. Yet you and others compare Lewis to Murali, who is a proven brilliant performer and one of the best ever.
I'm not comparing Lewis to Murali, I'm asking why Lewis deserves a thread ridiculing his massive failure yesterday but Murali doesn't deserve one ridiculing his massive failure of a few weeks ago. Murali is obviously one of the great ODI bowlers while Lewis is nothing of the sort, but there's no doubt the thread had an air of genuine nastiness about it, and if someone had made such a thread about Murali's 99, people would have been in there pointing out that Brett Lee went for 85, and rightly so.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If people feel the nature of the thread is unfair to Lewis, then post some stuff about his solid performance in domestic cricket. I still think deserves a thread, there not too many bowlers like him.

Dasa

FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not comparing Lewis to Murali, I'm asking why Lewis deserves a thread ridiculing his massive failure yesterday but Murali doesn't deserve one ridiculing his massive failure of a few weeks ago. Murali is obviously one of the great ODI bowlers while Lewis is nothing of the sort, but there's no doubt the thread had an air of genuine nastiness about it, and if someone had made such a thread about Murali's 99, people would have been in there pointing out that Brett Lee went for 85, and rightly so.
The thread isn't ridiculing Lewis for one performance...it's ridiculing him for a mediocre career thus far, and as far as I can see the only reason you brought Murali into it is because the thread-starter is a Sri Lankan fan. That has an air of 'genuine nastiness' about it IMO. There have been plenty of threads ridiculing one player or another...including several about Murali. Even the thread congratulating Murali on reaching 1000 wickets degenerated into the usual...why didn't you speak up then, since that thread had much of of an air of "genuine nastiness" about it than this one?