• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Neser

Shady Slim

International Coach
I love the Ashes. Even when Eng are getting royaly dicked over here I'm still gripped by it like no other series. Then I look on CW and see that SOC, TBB and GAS have upped their presence and a little piece of that love dies.

Edit:
Wasn't going to but chuck Burgeys name on the list too......WAC.

Edit 2:

We need a rude finger emoji.....who do I see to make that happen?
tbh in an opposite vein if the ashes brings more adders to the forum then i'm even more keen for the series to kick off!

halba

International 12th Man
Neser and abbot to join pre-ashes squad training camp - obviously fitness issue on josh hazlewood, he can barely play T20.

Likely Neser will now start in the XI , given his experience and overall form. He is a machine.

Pace Bowling attack will be

1. Cummins
2. Neser - like for like swap with Hazlewood.
3. Green
4. Boland/Starc - bit of a bowl off for this spot- given Starc's inability in Ashes conditions in the past. Boland hasnt played any county games so we dont know how he's like in these conditions, but i assume given the swing, he should be preferred to Starc. Left armers for aus in ashes have been wayward in the past- see mitch johnson.

Sean abbott is the right arm seam backup now after impressing in county and ODI

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Neser and abbot to join pre-ashes squad training camp - obviously fitness issue on josh hazlewood, he can barely play T20.

Likely Neser will now start in the XI , given his experience and overall form. He is a machine.
While I wish it so, Neser is still a long way out of the XI imo. This now makes 19 players in training however WTC rules require a maximum squad of 15 (by 28 May)

For Neser to get in the 15, Hazlewood would need to be ruled out. Then it would be 2 of Starc, Boland and Neser and I'm sure selectors will be stubborn and stick with their first 2 choices.

As Hazlewood has only been able to bowl 3 overs in each of his 3 IPL games, why isn't he ruled out already?

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
While I wish it so, Neser is still a long way out of the XI imo. This now makes 19 players in training however WTC rules require a maximum squad of 15 (by 28 May)

For Neser to get in the 15, Hazlewood would need to be ruled out. Then it would be 2 of Starc, Boland and Neser and I'm sure selectors will be stubborn and stick with their first 2 choices.

As Hazlewood has only been able to bowl 3 overs in each of his 3 IPL games, why isn't he ruled out already?
hazlewood is done career wise, same with jhye richardson - at test level at least. BBL/IPL type career is only possible.

Neser surely should play from game 1, we could single handedly win the ashes with that kind of swing bowling- with Pat of course.

also jimmy anderson unfit again, odds on Poms victory dropping cos of injuries to three top bowlers- Anderson, Archer and Ollie Stone(who bowls up to 145kph). England will have to rally on backup pacers Mark Wood and recently returned from injury Chris Woakes to complement Ollie Robinson and Broad for the 5 test series, Anderson is 41 by the end of the ashes, cant see him continuing for much longer.

Last edited: