• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Lewis

Josh

International Regular
Robertinho said:
Haha Rosanna, I was cruising past there today on the train..

Anyway, what a great reflection on such a fine suburb that in response to someone voicing suspicions over a bowler's actions, someone is threatened to have their head smashed in... 8-)
Well he is a club legend. Ok Probly wouldn't have a head smashed in, maybe just laughed at and told to f*** off.

thierry henry

International Coach
lol @ the Mick Lewis fan club waiting for me in Rosanna. LMAO.

I'm sorry if I seem inflammatory (I guess chucking accusations usually are), I'm genuinely interested. There is definitely SOMETHING about his action (a violent jerk as he releases the ball), if it isn't a chuck then what is it?

Josh

International Regular
Sorry mate I know but I probably took it too far. I'm just stoked he's playing for Aus.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Gees, I can't see the chucking at all. I had a good look after you frist mentioned it and I still couldn't see anything.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh said:
Well he is a club legend. Ok Probly wouldn't have a head smashed in, maybe just laughed at and told to f*** off.
Ok look, I could find myself going through Rosanna station tomorrow. When I get there, I'll yell from the train "Mick Lewis is a chucker"

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Ok look, I could find myself going through Rosanna station tomorrow. When I get there, I'll yell from the train "Mick Lewis is a chucker"
:laugh::laugh:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
:D That would be funny. But most probably people would think you're just some strange guy who looks like a dyke, and nothing more of it.

dinu23

International Debutant
Clarence said:
Bowled extremely well tonight in the final over, legally btw.
how do u know whether it was legal or not, did u test him? for all we know he could be exceeding the tolerance limit.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always noticed a 'flick' but I put it down to hyper-extension and his wrist doing the work. Certainly I've never thought he was a chucker, even on slow-mo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dont think hes a chucker, but I can see why someone would think he is.

He action is that of a inswing bowler (and despite this, he doesnt swing the ball in at all - one of the great mysteries of the world) and from behind, it may look as if he is flicking his shoulder in that direction. Basically, it "looks" like hes doing a Blessing Mahwire from behind, but when ytou see it from other angles, you see that its pretty much just his wrist. His elbow is locked in.

I certainly dont think its completely rediculous to bring this up though, because I thought the same thing the first few times I saw him.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
dinu23 said:
how do u know whether it was legal or not, did u test him? for all we know he could be exceeding the tolerance limit.
It is legal because he is bowling in international cricket and hasn't been reported ffs. Common sense please.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
I've always noticed a 'flick' but I put it down to hyper-extension and his wrist doing the work. Certainly I've never thought he was a chucker, even on slow-mo.
yea he's got that slight flick, but he is no way chuck, he's legal...