• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mcgrath the greatest........batsman?

McGrath said that he was now looking for a batting promotion "I have been into Ricky [Ponting] again today to say I need to be moved up the order," he said. "He is still resisting the temptation so obviously I will be back to 11 again in the next Test."

McGrath has worked hard on his batting over the past two years, and now has a Test half-century to show for it. He is also yet to be dismissed in the Ashes. "When I came off, I actually asked the boys what it's like to get out in this series,"

:laugh: Good stuff, Pidge.

shaka

International Regular
The number of matches probably allows him to be considered the best number 11.

cricket player

International Debutant
he is ok.

He needs to change his batting stance with that batting stance no body will ever think of him as a proper number 11 batsman.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think I read about this the other day. Wasn't the guy he replaced for this title Courtney Walsh?

'Cause he was one of the most hilariously inept number 11's I've ever seen. His height didn't help, though.

shaka

International Regular
Fleming would be my pick, if McGrath had an ankle injury and the game was against another World XI

shaka

International Regular
Walsh played 130 odd tests to reach 519. In terms of NZ cricket it is a milestone worth remembering. McGrath has been a great bowler over many years.

Both have been consistent imo.

archie mac

International Coach
Just to talk Cricket, without our new friends interupting, I was thinking of some poor No11s Chatfield of NZ; I remember at one stage he had taken more wickets than he had scored runs. :D

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^Didn't Chandrasekhar finish his Test career with more wickets than runs?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Just to talk Cricket, without our new friends interupting, I was thinking of some poor No11s Chatfield of NZ; I remember at one stage he had taken more wickets than he had scored runs. :D
Chris Martin definitely does at the moment, 60 wickets or so and less than 50 runs I think...

archie mac

International Coach
Somerset said:
Chris Martin definitely does at the moment, 60 wickets or so and less than 50 runs I think...
It always amazes me, with a max: of 20 wkts a Test and unlimited runs, how does it happen? no one could be that bad with the blade.

shaka

International Regular
He (Martin) feels he has begun to work on his batting, hopefully he shows it before the end of his career.