• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MCC New Code of Laws

Shri

Mr. Glass
if i didn't want to concede four runs i would simply get to the ball fast enough that i don't have to risk toe dragging the boundary tbqh
We are talking about running towards a cricket ball not a tub of ice cream in your fridge

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right but you're not really addressing the point at all. Broad is not right in his view of Mankading, is that too difficult to understand?

And sorry but humour doesn't translate well in text, especially tongue in cheek British humour that more often than not is neither tongue in cheek nor humorous. I don't think it's too much to call it out as dumb.
Well humour is subjective, alas just because you are not amused by something doesn't automatically make it dumb. Quite frankly this is xenophobic, bigoted bull**** and you should **** off away from this forum with your drivel

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dismissing an English test opener doesn’t require any skill as well but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be given out.

Does broad agree

Xix2565

International Debutant
Well humour is subjective, alas just because you are not amused by something doesn't automatically make it dumb. Quite frankly this is xenophobic, bigoted bull**** and you should **** off away from this forum with your drivel
You approving of dumb opinions doesn't make it any less dumber. And it's a bit rich preaching about drivel with this post.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You approving of dumb opinions doesn't make it any less dumber. And it's a bit rich preaching about drivel with this post.
Self-fulfilling logic in sentence one. I know you are but what am I in sentence 2. Truly and utterly odious.

go and **** yourself

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No race war, it's quite clear. Dan, Spark or Teja must ban this imbecile or else resign.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, leaving group hugs to one side for a moment - I never saw any reason for the batsman crossing law and wondered how it originated. But having said that, it is a long standing law and not one that desperately needed changing.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway, leaving group hugs to one side for a moment - I never saw any reason for the batsman crossing law and wondered how it originated. But having said that, it is a long standing law and not one that desperately needed changing.
I wonder the same. A bit of tinkering for not a lot of benefit. As it stands, at the death of a T20/ODI, we may now have a situation where it doesn't make sense for a tail ender to tee off into the deep, knowing that he potentially isn't getting the other guy on strike...he might be better pushing a single. Which takes a bit away from the theatre. I like it as it stands, that the risk/reward is higher of trying to clear the boundary.