• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matthew Hayden vs Kumar Sangakkara

Gun to your head, which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BazBall21

International Regular
There was a fella that posted on here many years ago called wfdu_ben91. Anyone remember him?? Biggest Hayden fan in the world.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Fair enough. I think it's closer than most seem to have it, because I really value the opening batsman role, and the production of these two is more comparable to me if you take that into account. But to each their own.
Sanga has a very good argument for being one of the top 10 batsmen ever. Hayden is top 30-50 or whatever material.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Sanga has a very good argument for being one of the top 10 batsmen ever. Hayden is top 30-50 or whatever material.
Hayden could be a top 5 all time opener, and that's given that a lot of old time openers played in completely different circumstances. With modern openers, I don't see anyone other than Gavaskar being ahead of him.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Hayden could be a top 5 all time opener, and that's given that a lot of old time openers played in completely different circumstances. With modern openers, I don't see anyone other than Gavaskar being ahead of him.
Ok. And?

Not many people think Gavaskar is better than Sachin despite being arguably the best opener in whatever number of decades.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok. And?

Not many people think Gavaskar is better than Sachin despite being arguably the best opener in whatever number of decades.
Best opener of what, the last 6 and a half decades but yeah Tendulkar is on a different level, perfect analogy.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Difference in poll numbers doesn't equal a difference in quality. If everyone thought that Sangakkara were worth a hundreth of a run more than Hayden on average then he would win the poll with 100% of votes.

Anyway Hayden's a shunt

Himannv

International Coach
Sangakkara is also a shunt and arguably a bigger shunt. At least that other shunt goes alright in the kitchen.