• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MathSport International 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am going to present a paper co-authored with two of my (ex-)Professors in MathSport International 2017. The paper is titled 'Value Added As A Measure For Analyzing Batting Performance In Odi Cricket'. In short, we are applying the concept of EVA (Economic Value Added) to rate ODI batsmen. As some of you know, I am presently working on ODI batsmen and bowlers ranking. This is somewhat related to that - although my detailed ranking methodology involves many other concepts in addition to EVA. I shall publish my ranking in CW in a few days' time.

Looking at the wide variety of interesting topics being presented at the Conference, it is going to be a really exciting 3 days for me.
http://www.mathsportinternational2017.math.unipd.it/tentativeschedule.pdf

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The schedule sounds very interesting, lots of topics that I'm sure I would enjoy. How likely would an International body adapt a new concept at this event? Congrats.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats! Topics look really interesting despite me not knowing anything about the models being used.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Math" is what yanks say, and its infected us over here too. Bug bear of mine for no rational reason. It was always "maths".

Good work mate. I can tell you though that if three Indian blokes are getting together to do a statistical approach to cricket then the correct answer is "Tendulkar".

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
"Math" is what yanks say, and its infected us over here too. Bug bear of mine for no rational reason. It was always "maths".
I didn't name the Conference mate. But I thought their logic was maths+sport=mathsport

Good work mate. I can tell you though that if three Indian blokes are getting together to do a statistical approach to cricket then the correct answer is "Tendulkar".
And Kohli if they are young :laugh:

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
MathSport International 2017 was a memorable experience. The beautiful University of Padua provided the perfect setting. It was great to meet many like-minded people who have independently been thinking about similar problems. Our paper has been received well by the community.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll share a better version of the rankings with the logic. You may like that more than the dry paper.

Last edited: