• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man Of The Tournament - Wc 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legglancer

State Regular
1) SRT ---- Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

2) Glenn Macgrath

3) Chamider Vass

4) John Davidson (My wishful thingking; Sigh)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Has to be Sachin. I would put Chaminda second and Davison third.

McGrath hasn't done that much exceptional (bar destroying Namibia) IMO

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I would put Bichel up there somewhere, averaging 5 with the ball and 98 with the bat and one of the top wicket-takers despite playing 2 less games than most of the other players

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at the Fantasy points, the bowlers are doing better. First is Vaas, then McGrath then Davison.

Batting-wise SRT is well in front.

Legglancer

State Regular
I know I am biased but when you look at the stats Davidson is Quite a candidate as he scored 226 runs in 6 matchers at an average of 38 but had an explosive strike rate of 119, In addition to getting 10 wickets at an average of 18.7 and strike rate of 25.2 with a economy rate of 4.45

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not Vaas, he took all his wickets against the lesser nations & in the last 3 games he's been absolutely hammered by South Africa, Australia & India.

It has to be Tendulkar, apart from his mistake against Kenya his batting statistics are just phenomenal.

krkode

State Captain
Well, I saw on TV during the IND PAK game (which I was fortunate enough to see) that they were deciding this based on number of points. You get 3 points for a MoM award and 2 and 1 for the second and third best performances respectively in a match.

Looking at that, I'd say Tendulkar is definitely the running contender for the Man of the Series.

I'd probably say Chaminda Vaas, Ganguly, McGrath, Bichel, Fleming, Anderson, Drakes and Davison are all there for possibilities in the next couple of ranks.

I say Ganguly up there because although he may not be having consistently superb games, he's had 2-3 really good ones.

Choora

State Regular
IF Bichel/McGrath comes up with a fabulous performance in both the semis and final and Tendulkar fares relatively poorly only then i would say that Sachin shouldn't be the MOT, and one of the other two should be the contender

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sachin's been breathtaking , Andy Bichel's been remarkable. I don't see another serious candidate (yet).

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar has to be it. He's scored around 500 runs already.....thats proof enough of what he's been doing uptill now

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
sachin, no doubt about it
I'd agree with Sachin if we were just judging Bichel on his bowling OR his batting, but I wouldn't necessarily give him the Man of the Tournament just yet.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Henry Olonga
I think a special award should be made to Andy Flower for his fabulous running between the wickets and clear, concise calling.

A bit like the Grammy, I'll call it the 'Inzy'

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I don't think that davison has a chance because canada didn't make it to the Super Six so the other players have several more games to get points.

V Reddy

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
I think a special award should be made to Andy Flower for his fabulous running between the wickets and clear, concise calling.

A bit like the Grammy, I'll call it the 'Inzy'
Ravindu Shah of Kenya falls into that as well. Whenever i see him he gets runout. He was playing well against SAF on 60 then he got runout there. Against India he was on 34 then he got runout again and again against Zim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.