• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Males banned from watching the women world cup qualifiers in Pakistan

FRAZ

International Captain
Alcohol is illegal for Muslims, non-Muslims can still get it. As for alcohol being used in parties, it's just a fact of life. The police ignore it, mainly due to the fact that they're corrupt and can be bought off. Plus, they're not going to go house-to-house making alcohol raids. Even in the United States alcohol is consumed freely by minors at high school parties all the time. It's illegal for minors to drink, doesn't mean that it's not a common occurance.
Some people have this dhanda (job) that they get the license by ministry that they are non - Muslims and let us buy alcohol . And especially outside the 5 star hotels they are met by their clients and the client (Muslim off course) gives like a 50 rs commission for one bottle (600 rs ) Lion , or (quetta vodka) to get the bottle out !!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
In my ancestral village our workers brew their own alcohol !!!!
Yuk! stupid addicts , you drinkers make me sick !!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Exactly. ;)

I know that some hard, own-brewed stuff drinkers ain't the nicest, I've met 1 or 2, but it's not invariably a bad thing.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I think its a very clever move by PCB especially keeping the timing of the world cup, i remember very cleary that when after the disasterous 2003 world cup, when the Pakistan players returned home (most of them in disguise) , their women cricket team had actually challenged Waqar's men to play a match against them.Waqar then didn't show enough guts to accept the challenge.

Considering the fate of Inzi's team in this world cup won't be much different then the 2003 team, it was a clever move by PCB as atleast Inzi won't go though the humiliation of accepting/rejecting a challenge by the women's team!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think its a very clever move by PCB especially keeping the timing of the world cup, i remember very cleary that when after the disasterous 2003 world cup, when the Pakistan players returned home (most of them in disguise) , their women cricket team had actually challenged Waqar's men to play a match against them.Waqar then didn't show enough guts to accept the challenge.

Considering the fate of Inzi's team in this world cup won't be much different then the 2003 team, it was a clever move by PCB as atleast Inzi won't go though the humiliation of accepting/rejecting a challenge by the women's team!
:laugh: :thumbup:

Oh wait, I'm a Pakistani.

Waqar was never challenged by any women team,if u think he was then please provide the link.

Aren't your continous predictions(under different accounts) about Pakistan team enough to make u keep your mouth shut?