• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lunchtime XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In my mind Gough was always quite fit. It may just be me though.
He used to be.. But in recent times he has put on the pounds.. However in the grand scheme of things he is still a pretty trim lad...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
He used to be.. But in recent times he has put on the pounds.. However in the grand scheme of things he is still a pretty trim lad...
I don't mean fit in terms of toned and built. I mean in terms of he can still perform on field as well as the average cricketer (ie stamina etc.) That said, I haven't seen too much of him since West Indies last toured England.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Isn't "Cricket Humour" about cricket?
In fact, isn't it about humour in cricket?
And isn't that the point of threads like this?
Yes, you're absolutely right.

I propose from no on that anyone who tries to have a laugh or fun in Cricket Chat is immediately banned for a week, and on a second offense booted off.

Will that make Mr Killjoy Pedant happy?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't mean fit in terms of toned and built. I mean in terms of he can still perform on field as well as the average cricketer (ie stamina etc.) That said, I haven't seen too much of him since West Indies last toured England.
I think when he has been struggling at times it has been due to injuries.. Its hard to tell now though, he does have a strenuous action, and he isn't the guy he was...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, you're absolutely right.

I propose from no on that anyone who tries to have a laugh or fun in Cricket Chat is immediately banned for a week, and on a second offense booted off.

Will that make Mr Killjoy Pedant happy?
What is the point of Cricket Humour if not for this sort of thing?
And a fine comment from one of your avatar.
Out of interest, did you, c.h and Craig choose your avatars or did James give you them to suit your persona on the forums?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
Out of interest, did you, c.h and Craig choose your avatars or did James give you them to suit your persona on the forums?
Hahah, my avatar certainly matches my persona (on the cricket field)... Grumpy ****e...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I chose my avatar because of the CW Bar.

But this is Off Topic so I demand that Mr Killjoy pedant ceases discussing such things in Cricket Chat.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
Go have a look in your profile.

Click on "Quick links", then scroll down to "Edit avatar" and hey presto you can pick which ones you like.

I like The Simpsons so it seems natural for me to choose one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I chose my avatar because of the CW Bar.

But this is Off Topic so I demand that Mr Killjoy pedant ceases discussing such things in Cricket Chat.
Suit yourself.
I demand equally that your dubbing of me as "Mr. Killjoy Pedant" ceases, as it is equally off-topic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha marc i change my vote to make you my funniest guy on cw. oh sorry, wrong thread, may i be shot at once...