• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let the questions begin

Cloete

International Captain
What sort of stats tracking will there be?

Will stats be saved onto career averages or game averages at all? So that when you turn off the game you can open it up and you'll see in McGrath's best score the hundred he just hit :p. An option to turn this on/off?

NikhilN

International Regular
1)Is there going to be a domestic season in this? I really would like to see this in this game because we all love to play with our home state as much as our home country...so if there is domestic season which countrys will play in it?

2) LBWs...most cricket games in the past have really done nothing in this area. How is the AI in the game? Does the umpire look at the angle the bowl is being bowled at, how far the player is and all that before giving an out?

3) I heard somewhere that you are going to put the Hawk Eye into this game, is this true?

4)Do we get to take our guard before we start our innings?

5)Are the classical matches still there? If so the India v Australia 2001 match is there I am guessing?

6) How are the world cups? Is the 2003 world cup there? Do we get to select our own location for the world cup?

7) Do we get to play on Intel graphic cards?????? I hate EA Sports cause they didnt let us!

8) Is USA a non test playing nation in the game?

9) TV overlays...are you going to be using one, or more then one? Will we be able to add our own TV overlays? and what about the pitch mats and stumps?

10) How real are the shots,chances of edges and all that?

NikhilN

International Regular
One thing I forgot to ask, well 2 things...is there going to be dew in D/N matches? and for gods sake will it rain in Limited over matches???

NikhilN

International Regular
A bunch of other things that just hit me

1) Who are going to be the umpires...real or fake?

2) What about the kits? are you going to use real kits? Or are we gonna see India in another made up shirt? this is what I hate about most cricket games

3) Same with the bats...made up bats or real bats?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kits and Bats are likely to be entirely down to whether licenses can be attained or not.

One thing that I would like would be an external editor of the graphic/data files, as seen in the CM/FM series.

As for Intel graphics cards, the usual reason you can't run games on them is because they're not good enough to cope with the detail level and frame rate. A decent card isn't expensive.

NikhilN

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Kits and Bats are likely to be entirely down to whether licenses can be attained or not.

One thing that I would like would be an external editor of the graphic/data files, as seen in the CM/FM series.

As for Intel graphics cards, the usual reason you can't run games on them is because they're not good enough to cope with the detail level and frame rate. A decent card isn't expensive.
You go ask someone in a us comp shop and they will tell you there is no graphic card better then Intel...no joke

James

Cricket Web Owner
Behlol said:
Why Aren`t There Answers To Questions?
Because I opened the forum during the weekend. You can expect to hear some answers hopefully early next week.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NikhilN said:
You go ask someone in a us comp shop and they will tell you there is no graphic card better then Intel...no joke
Perhaps they're well stocked in Intel and want your money. :shocking:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1. Will edges to the slips and keepers occur more often?
2. Will true fast bowlers be able to get true swing from the new ball. (i.e Akhtar, McGrath, Vaas etc.)
3. Will there be varying conditions of pitches? If so, will the ball seam around on green pitches for instance, and spin more on dusty ones?
4. Will there be a record database consisting of our wins/losses, highest scores, most 4s in an innings, best bowling etc. for the games we play?

Thanks. If I think of more I will post later. :-)

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Hi there - I'm RG, the community liaison for Codemasters and I spend my days talking to forums and websites about cricket and football. I'll be the point of contact for BLIC so I'll be attempteing to answer your questions. Of course, I won't be able to answer some of them yet, as they might be confidential, or the details haven't been finalised. But I'll try and answer as many as possible each time I come on.

To start, the important bit, is that game should come out in June next year, around the Ashes tests.

Glenn Stiemens said:
Who will be providing commentary?
Can't say at the moment, for confidentiality reasons - sorry!

Cloete said:
What sort of stats tracking will there be?

Will stats be saved onto career averages or game averages at all? So that when you turn off the game you can open it up and you'll see in McGrath's best score the hundred he just hit :p. An option to turn this on/off?
That's quite a in-depth question and one that can't be resolved yet. I'll keep you posted.

NikhilN said:
1)Is there going to be a domestic season in this? I really would like to see this in this game because we all love to play with our home state as much as our home country...so if there is domestic season which countrys will play in it?

2) LBWs...most cricket games in the past have really done nothing in this area. How is the AI in the game? Does the umpire look at the angle the bowl is being bowled at, how far the player is and all that before giving an out?

3) I heard somewhere that you are going to put the Hawk Eye into this game, is this true?

4)Do we get to take our guard before we start our innings?

5)Are the classical matches still there? If so the India v Australia 2001 match is there I am guessing?

6) How are the world cups? Is the 2003 world cup there? Do we get to select our own location for the world cup?

7) Do we get to play on Intel graphic cards?????? I hate EA Sports cause they didnt let us!

8) Is USA a non test playing nation in the game?

9) TV overlays...are you going to be using one, or more then one? Will we be able to add our own TV overlays? and what about the pitch mats and stumps?

10) How real are the shots,chances of edges and all that?
1. No domestic cricket is planned in the game.

2. AI hasn't been fixed of course, as it's one of the last things to go in the game.

3. Yep, Hawk-Eye is in the game.

4. Haven't seen it so far but it could happen.

5. Classic players are in the game - as for classic matches, haven't noticed it yet.

6. World Cups are to be decided - all down to licensing. I'll let you know.

7. No idea! I'm not a techie!

8. USA should be in there.

9. TBC - sorry, useless answer but there's still seven months to go on this yet!

10. They look pretty real in the pre-alpha version I've played. The game designer is an ex-cricket pro turned game designer. So he definitely knows his stuff.

NikhilN said:
One thing I forgot to ask, well 2 things...is there going to be dew in D/N matches? and for gods sake will it rain in Limited over matches???
I'd imagine that there would be dew. As for raining - yep, can't see why not.

NikhilN said:
A bunch of other things that just hit me

1) Who are going to be the umpires...real or fake?

2) What about the kits? are you going to use real kits? Or are we gonna see India in another made up shirt? this is what I hate about most cricket games

3) Same with the bats...made up bats or real bats?
1. Fake umpires I believe.

2. All down to licensing - more news on that to follow.

3. Same as number two - but it should be real bats.

Langeveldt said:
I assume one will be able to edit players..

Will you be able to edit teams??
For teams, still to be confirmed (this depends on licenses of course).

Jono said:
1. Will edges to the slips and keepers occur more often?
2. Will true fast bowlers be able to get true swing from the new ball. (i.e Akhtar, McGrath, Vaas etc.)
3. Will there be varying conditions of pitches? If so, will the ball seam around on green pitches for instance, and spin more on dusty ones?
4. Will there be a record database consisting of our wins/losses, highest scores, most 4s in an innings, best bowling etc. for the games we play?

Thanks. If I think of more I will post later. :-)
1. That's to be built into the game - the game is at too early a stage to answer that one way or another.

2. Yep, we certainly want to put that in.

3. Yep - there's eight different pitches, based on the climate they are in (an English wicket will be different from an Aussie wicket etc). And yes, the ball will spin more/less with these different wickets.

4. I'd certainly assume so.

Hope that helps with some questions - obviously I can't give answers to all of them yet but over the next few months hopefully this will become apparent and I'll be able to say!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jamee999 said:
No Domestic Cricket!!!

*Puts his money back in his pocket*
Hope theres a team editor then.. Good stuff Rubbergenius, and good luck..

I'd gladly not worry about domestic cricket given a game with excellent gameplay and AI..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
*Sulks as he doesn't get to take Lancs to the CC title*

Realise there might be License problems, but surely it'd would be that hard to include a facility to create teams and then have custom comps? :p

NikhilN

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Hope theres a team editor then.. Good stuff Rubbergenius, and good luck..

I'd gladly not worry about domestic cricket given a game with excellent gameplay and AI..
Yes would like to see a team editor in this game. We all love playing with domestic teams