• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest PWC Ratings.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Batsman

Hayden
Ponting
Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Vaughan
Kallis
Inzamam
Lara
Martyn
Dravid

Bowlers:

McGrath
Muralitharan
Warne
Pollock
H.Singh
Kallis
S.Mushtaq
Kumble
Akhtar

Australia could have the Top 3 batsman in the world after the WACA test because Gilchrist is only 1 point behind Tendulkar.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many points is Hayden on now? still 937. Which according to their ratings makes him the number 2 batsman of all time behind bradman and v richards.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by broncoman
How many points is Hayden on now? still 937. Which according to their ratings makes him the number 2 batsman of all time behind bradman and v richards.
Wouldn't that make him the 3rd best if he's behind Bradman and Viv?

Simon

yeh sorry, a typo.
im surprised Ponting has made it to number 2, everyone seems to have forgotten his performances of late with the way Hayden has been playing.

Bazza

International 12th Man
What down his neck, because he'll be in down the pub every night instead! :lol:

He might lose some points as well! :D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Actually Broncoman was wrong:

1 Don Bradman AUS 959 99.94 959 vs England, The Oval 1934

2 Jack Hobbs ENG 943 56.95 943 vs Australia, The Oval 1912

2 Peter May ENG 943 46.77 943 vs Australia, The Oval 1956

3 Len Hutton ENG 942 56.67 942 vs West Indies, Kingston 1954

4 Viv Richards WI 940 50.24 940 vs England, St John's 1981

5 Matthew Hayden AUS 937 53.56 937 vs England, Brisbane 2002

6 Garry Sobers WI 936 57.78 936 vs England, Georgetown 1968

7 Graeme Pollock SA 924 60.97 924 vs Australia, Johannesburg 1970

8 Clyde Walcott WI 923 56.69 923 vs Australia, Kingston 1955

9 Brian Lara WI 917 49.49 917 vs Australia, St John's 1999

10 Doug Walters AUS 916 48.26 916 vs South Africa, Johannesburg 1970

That's the all time highest ratings achieved. You will see Hayden comes in at 5th (6th technically). He is the best since Viv Richards, and better than Lara or Waugh.

Simon

Since you have the facts to back it up, i have to presume you are right. Just that i read somewhere that Haydens rating after the 1st test was the 3rd highest of all time.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I was sent this information by someone else but you can work it out on the PwC site.

Actually I just checked it and there have been 18 batsman rated over 900pts in test history. Steve Waugh is the other current player not mentioned above.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Current batsmen to have been rated over 900 in ODIs are Lara and Kirsten, and along with Viv Richards, Lara is the only man to achieve this in both forms.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Sydney Barnes is top of the all time test bowling, but McGrath has crept up to 4th on that list with his current rating so with a good series could go higher. Murali is 5th, Waqar and Pollock 8th= and Warne 13th.

Joel Garner tops the ODI list which also contains Murali (3rd), McGrath (4th) and Pollock (9th). This shows how good these three are. Ambrose, Marshall and Hadlee appear in both lists.

Onto the (currently controversial) AR list. There is only a test match list for some reason. It looks like this:

1. Botham
2. Sobers
3. Kallis
4. Miller
5. Imran
6. Benaud
7. Cairns

There we go that should stir up some more arguments...:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting to see neither Hadlee or Kapil in there.

I always did think Imran and Botham to be the better all-round players.

Simon

wow......... kallis is high on that list, i have never really liked Kallis' bowling much. I rate him in the top 3 batsman in the world, but for mine he still has a lot of work to do on his bowling to be considered a great bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why not, he averages 50 overall, which is:

49.12 at number 3 (about two thirds of his career)
80.08 at number 4 (about a sixth of his career)
16.33 at 5, 6 or 7 (about a sixth of his career)

So you don't rate that, what exactly do you rate?

Simon

i would rate him behind Hayden and Tendulkar right now. He is easily South Africas number 1 batsman, when he is batting he never looks like getting out. I think he would be a better batsman if he didnt bowl as much.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well because he sucks against quality attackts or at least he did against Australia last year.

He always waited untill the second innings when the pressure was off and the game lost before he made any runs Vs us.

Also he is not a match winning batsman his inngings are almost exclusivly support innings to a more aggressive partner and if the whole team fails then so does he.

I also currently Rate batsman like Ponting, Lara, Hayden, Tendulkar ahead of him and that places him at five.

Any way Five is pritty good I am not saying hes crap just that there are batsman currently who are better than him.
I would be dam proud to be the number 5 ranked batsman :P

Thats just my opinion but it seems its fairly accurate as far as the offical ratings go.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh, when you said above 5 I thought you meant in the order, ie you don't rate him as a number 3 or 4!