• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's forfeit

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
What do you mean?

It's just a little snippet of an email someone sent me some time ago - I thought I'd stick it in there because someone asked the other day whether there are any 'proper' cricketers who are members of this site or who just pop in from time to time for a look and a lurk.

As the message says, "You'd be surprised".

Cricket Web and you, the fans who make up Cricket Web is fast becoming recognised as a bastion of the game (perhaps I didn't hear that bit right). Now if only a few more cricketers could read.....

( :D )
who was it? David Mutendera?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
who was it? David Mutendera?
The quote did not come directly from a cricketer, but from someone very close to a few.

I think his name was John, and he was from India.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
The quote did not come directly from a cricketer, but from someone very close to a few.

I think his name was John, and he was from India.
interesting...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cameeel said:
Can you blame them? recent history certainly pointed towards an Aussie win, but England just outplayed us for the 2nd and 5th tests and won the series
I think you've got a typo there.

Surely you mean for "the 2nd to the 5th Test"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
Cricket Web and you, the fans who make up Cricket Web is fast becoming recognised as a bastion of the game (perhaps I didn't hear that bit right). Now if only a few more cricketers could read.....
So any new member called Frederick and posts as if he's drunk might be him then?!

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Im chuffed you know about that one!
It isn't excatly hidden knowledge really.

I must admit I always admired Allan Donald and I have read up a lot on World Cups etc.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Too right we didn't.
I don't see why, your team had out played the West Indies x 2 and New Zealand, weren't at your best in South Africa but still out played South Africa and the series, and had a nice knock-in against Bangladesh, so England would have every right to feel comfortable.

I suppose you are looking back in the past where this has happened and still lost the Ashes. But Michael Vaughan's team looked a lot better then the previous teams (also helped by not having so many injuries and actually picking a similar side all the time).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
I don't see why, your team had out played the West Indies x 2 and New Zealand, weren't at your best in South Africa but still out played South Africa and the series, and had a nice knock-in against Bangladesh, so England would have every right to feel comfortable.

I suppose you are looking back in the past where this has happened and still lost the Ashes. But Michael Vaughan's team looked a lot better then the previous teams (also helped by not having so many injuries and actually picking a similar side all the time).
Me not rating England's chances didn't have much to do with England really, I knew they were a good side. It had more to do with rating Australia so unbelievably high. After they beat India at home, I didn't think they'd lose a series till Ashes 2007 over here actually.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pretty much the same here Jono - history had a big part in me not rating England's chances one bit.

Craig

World Traveller
Jono said:
Me not rating England's chances didn't have much to do with England really, I knew they were a good side. It had more to do with rating Australia so unbelievably high. After they beat India at home, I didn't think they'd lose a series till Ashes 2007 over here actually.
Oh thee of little faith.

I think me and Corey were the ones you predicated an England win.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Wow exactly why I believed England did not have that great a chance.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
If we win the series I'll change my avatar, only for a short time, to Panyangara or Upashantha.
Only because I can't find a pic of Moniruzzaman.
My own recent forfeit reminded me of this one, will Richard uphold it?