• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

kyle jamieson

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah I'm not one for bold predictions but as far as the batting goes, just hoping for him to average 20-odd seems pessimistic. Could easily see him averaging 25+ even if he completely fizzles as a bowler.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I'm not one for bold predictions but as far as the batting goes, just hoping for him to average 20-odd seems pessimistic. Could easily see him averaging 25+ even if he completely fizzles as a bowler.
You reckon he's better than an Aaron Redmond, Matthew Bell or Peter Fulton?

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'll wait up a bit till he overseas and plays. No reason why he can't do elsewhere but I'll just wait up. Predicting how far fast bowlers go is the hardest considering the work load, T20 attraction etc... Quite hard to tell how far he'll go in test matches. He'll definitely play some T20s around the world after our summer. He'll have few offers for sure.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very early days. Knocking over India on a couple of lawns and bullying this WI batting lineup is nice but not super revealing. But his raw materials are undeniably very good. His first innings dismissal of Bravo, with several outswingers sliding across him, followed by an inswinger to knock over off was class. Will reserve judgement on him until I see how he goes overseas (which will probably be a couple of years given we only ever play 2 seamers in Asia).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd just like everyone to type in 'Jamieson' and my username in the search engine, and see that I was on his hype wagon from Nov 6, 2016. Boom.

Howsie

International Captain
I've always liked the look of Kyle Jamieson so good to see him get a game. Early call but I reckon he'll go on to play for NZ at some point, especially in the limited overs stuff.

Glad to see my two favourite Canterbury 'A' cricketers, Ed Nuttall and Kyle Jamieson are in this Winter training squad. Both will be playing for New Zealand before 2017.
Jamieson will end up as a bloody good limited overs bowled for New Zealand one day I'd say. Like Nuttall stuck playing A cricket for way too long though.

Jamieson will get quicker, no doubt about that. Taller bowlers like himself usually put on pace as they get into their 20's and their bodies mature and get stronger.

Hey, don't all you ****s be jumping on the Jamieson hype train, 24 months to late for that.
:whistling

Feb 2015

jcas0167

International Debutant
Learn to capitalise proper nouns you lazy ****.

And I certainly think he looks very good. Maybe would have been useful here last summer, though he wasn't bowling as quick then.
I think he was bowling around 135 kph last season (which I understand is around where Joel Garner, another 6'8 tall bowler, operated). The moment he appeared in the ODI series against India he looked dangerous and was probably our best bowler in the 2-0 win in the tests. I would love to have seen how he would have gone in Australia.

@Kippax more praise for Malan's role:

“He's a genius with this stuff. He's got a wealth of knowledge and also [Black Caps bowling coach] Shane Jurgensen as well. Those two over the last couple of years have been really helpful for me in making technical and tactical improvements, adding different skill sets and great sounding boards for reflection post-game with things to learn and get better.”

Last edited:

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
I don't expect his career to be fully smooth sailing yet. Wonderful start though, can't really get any better.