• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kris Britt...WOW

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I was just reading something on a website about Kris Britt(Australian Womens player).Take a look. Crazy!!:O

A possible world record as Britt smashes 344

Australia Youth all-rounder Kris Britt scored an astonishing 344 not out in a 50-over match for Western District against North Canberra-Gungahlin in the ACT Women's Cricket competition on Sunday March 10. Her score is believed to be a world record for a limited-over game at senior club level or above, male or female.
In an extremely one-sided game at Kaleen Oval, Canberra, Britt scored her 344 from 202 deliveries in Wests' fifty-over score of 2/480. North Canberra, in reply, were dismissed for 66 - less than one-fifth of her individual score - to lose by 414 runs. Britt hit just one six on the large Kaleen Oval ground.

Britt, who plays for South Australia in the National League and also turned out for Gordon in the Sydney grade competition this season, was Player of the Series representing the ACT in the Australian Under-19 Championships in January, before being selected for Australia Youth for their four-match series against New Zealand A in February.

Lack of consistent record keeping down to club level on a world-wide basis makes it difficult to assess whether Britt's achievement is, in fact, a world record. The highest score in a major women's one-day game is 229 not out by Belinda Clark for Australia against Denmark in the 1997 World Cup. For the men, the world record at "List A" (the one-day equivalent of first-class) level is 222 not out by Graeme Pollock for Eastern Province against Border in 1974-75. At club level, Amjad Khan scored 304 not out for United Cricket Club against Berkeley in the Northern California Cricket League in 2000.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tamara said:
For the men, the world record at "List A" (the one-day equivalent of first-class) level is 222 not out by Graeme Pollock for Eastern Province against Border in 1974-75.
Wrong!

Ali Brown, 268 for Surrey vs Glamorgan in the C&G last summer. Stupidly small boundaries.

And to me that looks like the teams were very poorly matched and the ground was small.

krkode

State Captain
344!! That's insane! :wow:

How bad must the bowling have been? How small must the ground have been? How good must the batting have been? ;)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well I have seen Kris bat and she is good but I agree the bowling must have been pretty bad. Also they do use small boundries in womens cricket in Aus.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Wrong!

Ali Brown, 268 for Surrey vs Glamorgan in the C&G last summer. Stupidly small boundaries.

And to me that looks like the teams were very poorly matched and the ground was small.
I think this could be a year old.. I just found it when I was looking for articals on Kris.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i saw kris play that innings last year. it was simply awesome, she is something special i tell you.
a few things though, that kaleen pitch is an absolute road, and the ground is quite small. but she still killed the bowlers, ive bowled to her a few times in the nets and she clearly has no weaknesses.
she hit so many 6's in that innings it wasnt funny, she isnt a very big girl but she is surprisingly strong.
i think you will be hearing a lot more about her over the next few years.
if anyone want to know more about her innings that day ill be happy to fill in the details.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Sorry. but it is my business and I don't want the whole world knowing. :!( :!( All I wanted to tell everyone was that she got alot of runs.

Last edited:

Kimbo

International Debutant
sorry, didnt think it would be such a sensitive issue... and then when it was my female gossip instincts kicked in