• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli Equals Border - 32 Test wins as captain

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't really see the point of this thread. Wasn't Border known for having a **** team? And Kohli has had probably the strongest Indian team in history.

Daemon

Yeh, cos most guys in their early 20s never do anything slightly misjudged when bored and after a few beers.
How is that slightly misjudged lol.

Obviously you can't judge someone based on one thing they did as an idiot youngster many years ago (we can ignore the fact that he was still gloating about it in his late 30s) but the act itself was genuinely quite disturbing.

Last edited:

Daemon

Had no idea about this story so just googled it..

Pretty pathetic really.
Ikr. At bare minimum he should have been banned for a few years or so. I'm really glad more people are now aware of the atrocities committed by Australian cricketers. Other (less disgusting but equally nefarious) instances of repulsive behaviour such as cheating have been widely exposed by OS and others, but sadly some continue to defend the actions of their flawed heroes.

Just look at the last week, Pattinson banned for using a homophobic slur and Steve Smith with yet another transgression of the code. The situation doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The raining rupees story just proves the worst thing you can call Border is a philanthropist.

Burgey

Ikr. At bare minimum he should have been banned for a few years or so. I'm really glad more people are now aware of the atrocities committed by Australian cricketers. Other (less disgusting but equally nefarious) instances of repulsive behaviour such as cheating have been widely exposed by OS and others, but sadly some continue to defend the actions of their flawed heroes.

Just look at the last week, Pattinson banned for using a homophobic slur and Steve Smith with yet another transgression of the code. The situation doesn't seem to be getting any better.
I hope the behaviour never "improves", as you put it. The sport would be so much worse if it did.

Burgey

The raining rupees story just proves the worst thing you can call Border is a philanthropist.
Exactly right. They should build a ****ing statue to him, and name every stadium in India after him.

Except Chennai. No one deserves to be associated with Chennai.

Burgey

I didn't use the word improves so not sure where you're quoting it from. #fakenews
If something is getting better, it's improving. Such as the financial situation of the people Border assisted by bestowing rupees and a tub on them.

ataraxia

International Coach
After that post just randomly checked your profile as you do and randomly found this. I haven't started stalking you yet...

Burgey

You are clutching at straws, Burgey. Even Sachin fans aren't this biased.
I have reported this post* as you have brought up Tendulkar when he is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. When the online Constable Plods get around to it, I'm sure you will be infracted for making such a post, in the name of consistency of course.

*Not really, I rarely do, as my skin is thicker than tissue paper.

Last edited:

Burgey

After that post just randomly checked your profile as you do and randomly found this. I haven't started stalking you yet...
Look mate, I've got reporters from commercial media outlets here going through my garbage atm. Do your best.