• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya stripped of ODI status

Marius

International Debutant
Its sad but the Kenyans do need to get their house in order. As you say, hopefully they'll do the same with Zim, who are clearly not up to Test match standard.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Showing my ignorance here, but who has ODI status, just all the test playing nations?

Im not even sure if theres a huge point to having official ODI status and of the such, if the ICC want cricket to be truly universal, i wouldve thought the fastest way to do so is break down all barriers.

Mind you, the ICC has done the right thing in booting Kenya, but i think Zimbabwe is on the right track now, the end of the rebel era and all... still not acceptable though.

biased indian

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
Showing my ignorance here, but who has ODI status, just all the test playing nations?

Im not even sure if theres a huge point to having official ODI status and of the such, if the ICC want cricket to be truly universal, i wouldve thought the fastest way to do so is break down all barriers.

Mind you, the ICC has done the right thing in booting Kenya, but i think Zimbabwe is on the right track now, the end of the rebel era and all... still not acceptable though.
some thing given at the end of the article
But it will retain its one-day status for matches against Test-playing countries and also against other members of the top six associates. :wacko: :wacko:

i think its only the membership that has changed and as for the playing status it still stand

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
biased indian said:
some thing given at the end of the article
But it will retain its one-day status for matches against Test-playing countries and also against other members of the top six associates. :wacko: :wacko:

i think its only the membership that has changed and as for the playing status it still stand
ohk cool, thanks for that, i didnt read the article,lol

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
benchmark00 said:

According to me, permanent ODI status (for the last few years) was only the Test playing nations and Kenya I think...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I thought Kenya got very less opportunities after their World Cup 2003 semi final achievment, even though it was due to various factors going in their favour.

Then the domestic termoils have played a part in totally pushing Kenyan cricket further back.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
biased indian said:
but when it seems to be resolved y ???
"Seems"

Just because a handful of rebel players have returned, doesn't mean that the fundamental structural cracks don't remain. Zimbabwe Cricket remains heavily inequitable and the first class structure is coming apart at the seams. Standard of performance is not the sole criterion for Test status, and I hope it never will be.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Standard of performance is not the sole criterion for Test status, and I hope it never will be.
So would you be tetchy at SA's test status because of their quota policy down the cricket pyramid?? Even if it doesn't have that much of an effect on overall performance?

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Langeveldt said:
So would you be tetchy at SA's test status because of their quota policy down the cricket pyramid?? Even if it doesn't have that much of an effect on overall performance?
Hey Langeveldt (OT I Know) but from your signature when did you visit Oman and where did you go??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
If the quota policy was an extreme like 8 blacks out of 11 in every age group team, then yes.

Apartheid never hurt their performances, did it?

For reference, I support positive discrimination to an extent at present at the lower levels.