• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis v Sangakkara

Kallis v Sangakkara

• Kallis

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Sangakkara

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Gob

International Coach
Firstly, when I joined I was barely a teenager and since then I was hardly active on this site. Yup, while signing up I randomly selected a year of birth which was overage, just to not feel embarrassed that a teenage girl is on a forum where majority are guys. Since age 19 I have been a member of a girls cricket club in Natal. I bowl medium pace.

Look, if you guys and I mean a few (not everyone, not you Mr. Coronis) apologize and be more friendly rather than being intolerant towards my opinions, then I'm more than happy to be part of the forum.
Please stay. Its a great place to discuss cricket but you do need some time to adjust to the style of the forum. If you need to know anything, I'm always around

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Please stay. Its a great place to discuss cricket but you do need some time to adjust to the style of the forum. If you need to know anything, I'm always around
Thanks Gob! Btw, I'm really sorry for uploading my bikini pic. I guess it's distracting you. I will remove it soon.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Firstly, when I joined I was barely a teenager and since then I was hardly active on this site. Yup, while signing up I randomly selected a year of birth which was overage, just to not feel embarrassed that a teenage girl is on a forum where majority are guys. Since age 19 I have been a member of a girls cricket club in Natal. I bowl medium pace.

Look, if you guys and I mean a few (not everyone, not you Mr. Coronis) apologize and be more friendly rather than being intolerant towards my opinions, then I'm more than happy to be part of the forum.
It is very, very weird to hear talk about 'Natal'. I think I have only heard one person say it in the the last 10 or 15 years, and he was a strange older guy who hasn't lived in RSA almost since Natal existed.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
It is very, very weird to hear talk about 'Natal'. I think I have only heard one person say it in the the last 10 or 15 years, and he was a strange older guy who hasn't lived in RSA almost since Natal existed.
It's Pietermaritzburg my city in Durban, Natal. What's so weird about it?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
The fact that Natal stopped existing almost 30 years ago. I would find it weird if someone said they were from the USSR too.
Come on darling! Are you serious? Don't we call KwaZulu-Natal?

You know I really get upset when people behave like this.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
You know that KZN and Natal are two different things? It is not just a name change.
I know my history very well...don't school me.
You are seriously upsetting me!!

Anyways, I had enough of it. I really don't want to be here wasting my time arguing endlessly!

Bye All...I'm done here!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I really don't know what you going on about... people talk Natal all the time, because otherwise its just a mouth full. I don't know if 'TheGreatest' is a genuine (young) forumer or is trying to troll. But saying Natal is nothing odd...

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
You know that KZN and Natal are two different things? It is not just a name change.
There was nothing wrong with what she said , we South Africans like to shorten names , people of all races even those born after 94 still like to shorten Kwa-Zulu Natal to Natal ... hell we even shorten people's names or give nicknames that are used so much that they become more popular than the actual name think 'Faf' , Hansie, Rassie, AB , JP , KG ......It's just the SA way . Johannesburg for example most people shorten it to Joburg or Jozi .

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Hmmm, I stand corrected. I haven't heard it abbreviated to anything but 'KZN' in yonks, but apparently it does happen.

Dendarii

International Debutant
hell we even shorten people's names or give nicknames that are used so much that they become more popular than the actual name think 'Faf' , Hansie, Rassie, AB , JP , KG ......It's just the SA way .
That's not a uniquely South African thing though. Maybe we have a greater tendency to do it, but it's not hard to find examples from other countries e.g. MS Dhoni and Freddie Flintoff.