• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kagiso Rabada

Kagiso Rabada to take 300 test wickets

• Total voters

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Philander is ten years older than the other two, so that trio probably won't last too long and the next great South African trio is more likely to be Rabada, Ngidi, and someone else.

Although I do think people are getting ahead of themselves with Ngidi. He's definitely looked good so far, but this is his first test match, so it's a little premature to be talking about him in such definite terms as the next ATVG (or even ATG) South African bowler.
Ngidi is unlikely to reach the heights of Rabada but can see him becoming a very good Ntini+ . As you say still young, Hopefully Gibson does something to take him to the next level. Interesting to see who becomes the next `someone else` ... couple of potentials around. Pity Dupavillon was injured....

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe it was ***** who coined it but as we all know most things require a bit of personality behind them to get popular which is where yours truly had to step in.

edit: Appears it was in fact *****. He used it plenty of times hoping it would catch on but it seemed to have died in 2017 until it was revived a few days ago.

Last edited:

Daemon

Nah I beat you to it.

This is *****'s child though so I'll let him have it. It's a great term to describe his posting as well, will never be ATG but through sheer volume it might just get to ATVG status.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Nah I beat you to it.

This is *****'s child though so I'll let him have it. It's a great term to describe his posting as well, will never be ATG but through sheer volume it might just get to ATVG status.
You have 10K more posts than I do at almost twice the daily posting rate.

SeamUp

International Coach
Age wise we looking at these for possibilities ?

For variation it would be nice to have skiddy

Lizaad Williams
Daryn Dupavillon
Lwandiswa Zuma

Or left-arm & skiddy.

Michael Cohen
Akhona Mnyaka

Others (bounce bowlers)

Stock
Andile Phehlukwayo
Migael Pretorius
Thando Ntini

Pace
Duanne Olivier
Anrich Nortje
Brandon Glover
Gerald Coetzee

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Age wise we looking at these for possibilities ?

For variation it would be nice to have skiddy

Lizaad Williams
Daryn Dupavillon
Lwandiswa Zuma

Or left-arm & skiddy.

Michael Cohen
Akhona Mnyaka

Others (bounce bowlers)

Stock
Andile Phehlukwayo
Migael Pretorius
Thando Ntini

Pace
Duanne Olivier
Anrich Nortje
Brandon Glover
Gerald Coetzee

Has Nortje recovered his pace? Heard he got injured and that slowed him down a bit.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah I beat you to it.

Fair enough.

I used it in this post:

Absolutely agree.

Ashwin is destined for all-time very goodness.
Which seemed to kick off the discussion.

Last edited:

Daemon

Oh wait what, looks like you used it before *****

***** wac, he's been silently claiming credit this whole time.

cnerd123

likes this
tbh I never claimed credit for the term ATVG.

I just never openly denied it. :ph34r:

Sometimes it takes a poster with some personality to make the term popular, right Daemon?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Number of balls bowled in Tests by age of 22 yrs 291 days:
Ambrose: 0
Donald: 0
McGrath: 0
Steyn: 601
Ntini: 752
Pollock: 899
Walsh: 1028
Hadlee: 1409