• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just how underrated is Ross Taylor?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just for the record, I've been supporting Taylor against the haterz (i.e. Scaley) since before either of you ****s joined the forum.
Those were the days eh

I'm really hoping Taylor makes 100 if he makes a debut. I can see him being our best batsman since Fleming (or Crowe). He has the natural talent and an 'x' factor that puts him up there already for mine. I think he can be a more accomplished Craig McMillan.

I would also like to see Neil Broom come into the side soon enough. He seems like a solid player and could play a good middle order role for us. He should be slowly introduced into the Black Caps now Astle, McMillan and Fleming have retired from ODI's, aiming to get him into the test side as Fleming's replacement soon after that.

Challis

U19 12th Man
He's scored hundreds against Johnson and Harris on a basin reserve seamer. A good English attack in not easy conditions, home and away. Against Ojha, Ashwin and Herath in dustbowls (at a time when Ashwon actually bowled well).

I don't see any reason not to put him up there with Pietersen. Definitely better than Bell.
Yeah but what's he done against bangladesh :ph34r:

But seriously how he plays in the next four years will determine his legacy. At the moment I would have him par with Bell, he has to improve his away record to be considered with the likes of KP.