• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 22 - Italy vs Bulgaria and Denmark vs Sweden

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
could italy be following spain out of the tournament????? who will top the group and play the Czechs in the quarter finals, anything could happen!!!

my predictions:

Italy 3-0 Bulgaria
Denmark 2-2 Sweden

That would see sweden, ialy and denmark all finish on 5 points, with denmark missing out on goal difference....

Craig

World Traveller
Well Gattuso and their captain Cannavaro are suspended as with Totti.

Parma defender Ferrari will probably replace Cannavro since he is a central defender (Ferrari).

Cristiano Zanetti might come in, but he is nothing special. I guess Vieri and Del Piero could partner each other up front with Cassano playing in a diamond formation with him and Del Piero swapping positions to confuse the Bulgarian defence.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Italy 2-0 Bulgaria
Denmark 3-3 Sweden

Goal fest in the second game...The way Italy has been going and the way they play they will be lucky to score 2 goals...

Cloete

International Captain
Italy 2 - 1 Bulgaria
Denmark 2 - 2 Sweden

ITALY MISS OUT :D:D!!! DENMARK AND SWEDEN GO THROUGH TO THE QUARTER FINALS!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
could italy be following spain out of the tournament????? who will top the group and play the Czechs in the quarter finals, anything could happen!!!

my predictions:

Italy 3-0 Bulgaria
Denmark 2-2 Sweden

That would see sweden, ialy and denmark all finish on 5 points, with denmark missing out on goal difference....
Even if those results had happened Italy would have been out. For some reason after points it goes on the results between the teams so Italy would have gone out by virtue of their record of P2 D2 F1 A1, whereas Sweden had P2 D2 F3 A3 and denmarck P2 D2 F2 A2.

If teams are inseperable after that its goal difference then goals scored, Then it used to be drawing lots but now its decided on the coefficient of qualification.

Anyway Glad Italy are out!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmm i didnt know they had changed the system, i asked a friend who whos a bit more about football than i do, he was of the opinion they basically draw short straws if everythings even....

although i agree, good to see italy are out, there best 2 performed teams in the groups got through!

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
Haha....Italy deserves to go out the way they play.....BORING
:stretcher:
Good Bye Italy
As compared to Arsenal or Real Madrid who have rubbish defences, or in context Spain?

If they are so boring then why did they take five strikers?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
As compared to Arsenal or Real Madrid who have rubbish defences, or in context Spain?

If they are so boring then why did they take five strikers?
Good question... didn't get much use out of the fourth and fifth, did they?

Italy have always been negative and boring and I saw nothing to change that opinion - they only really got forward consistently in numbers in the dying minutes against Bulgaria.

Craig

World Traveller
As opposed in the EPL which has some poor defences'?

Actually I saw them create plenty of chances v Sweden except Vieri could not put them away.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
Even if those results had happened Italy would have been out. For some reason after points it goes on the results between the teams so Italy would have gone out by virtue of their record of P2 D2 F1 A1, whereas Sweden had P2 D2 F3 A3 and denmarck P2 D2 F2 A2.

A much better system than goal difference IMO.