• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

June 13 - Switzerland vs Croatia and France vs England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
and why are they arrested, cause they cause trouble when england loose or sometimes before the game even starts

no one should get arrested mate!

For crying out loud, 4 arrests out of how many tens of thousands?

It's such a minute percentage that for you to call it "making havoc" is one of the most stupid criticisms ever.

Oh, and your prediction about their reaction to a defeat has been proven spectacularly wrong after there were precisely 0 arrests in Portugal last night.

Still if 4 is making havoc, that must at least count as a minor riot 8-)

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
lol, less said about the final 5 minutes the better. Gerrard lost the plot & I guess James had no choice.
I do not know about that.

I watched the Sweden-Bulgaria match today and the Bulgarian 'keeper managed to save the ball in a similar situation with regards to James.

Both James and Silvestre were lucky to stay on the pitch IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James had no chance of getting that ball, he did what he had to, but Henry was going too wide for it to be red.

Silvestre's on the other hand was a dead certain red card.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
James had no chance of getting that ball, he did what he had to, but Henry was going too wide for it to be red.

Silvestre's on the other hand was a dead certain red card.
More to the point, if Silvestre had got his marching-orders, the other 'incidents' wouldn't have happened.

Then again, France might have won 6-1.

I hate causality

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
For crying out loud, 4 arrests out of how many tens of thousands?

It's such a minute percentage that for you to call it "making havoc" is one of the most stupid criticisms ever.

Oh, and your prediction about their reaction to a defeat has been proven spectacularly wrong after there were precisely 0 arrests in Portugal last night.

Still if 4 is making havoc, that must at least count as a minor riot 8-)

um by the way there where 14 arrests! so bite me!

at the end of a day its a f@#$ soccer match and no one should be arrested, if people got arrested everytime there nation lost a big game, englands jails would be um very full.

and if i want to make a stupid criticisms i will, you think its a stupid criticism then thats great mate but i just think no one should get arrested over a f@#$ soccer match, get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end! 8-) :blink:

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
stupid croatia, if we were gunna win a match it wouldve been against the stupid swiss... ah well - like i said would happen

croatia - 1 draw and 2 losses...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In all fairness, he actually didn't do much wrong...

Still, the sooner Glenn Johnson is ready to replace him, the better!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
In all fairness, he actually didn't do much wrong...

Still, the sooner Glenn Johnson is ready to replace him, the better!
The sooner Glenn Close is ready to replace him, the better.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
um by the way there where 14 arrests! so bite me!
Before the match there were 4 arrests.

That is not "Havoc" as you claimed.

After the match there were no arrests.

That is not "Havoc" as you predicted.

bugssy said:
at the end of a day its a f@#$ soccer match and no one should be arrested, if people got arrested everytime there nation lost a big game, englands jails would be um very full.
What a witty comment aimed at England's football team - it means so much more coming from the supporter of a team that just drew 2 all with the Solomon Islands!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
What a witty comment aimed at England's football team - it means so much more coming from the supporter of a team that just drew 2 all with the Solomon Islands![/QUOTE]

did i say i supported australian soccer, i think not!

anyway

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
we threw that game against the Solomom Islands anyway. if we had of playd to our "best" we would have won quite easily.

we just had to avoid a trip to NZ where we lost quite embarrasingly last time.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
broncoman said:
we threw that game against the Solomom Islands anyway. if we had of playd to our "best" we would have won quite easily.

we just had to avoid a trip to NZ where we lost quite embarrasingly last time.
I say we expel Australia from all International competiton, then.

Actually, let's just release the whole damn penal colony into outer space.

twctopcat

International Regular
marc71178 said:
What a witty comment aimed at England's football team - it means so much more coming from the supporter of a team that just drew 2 all with the Solomon Islands!
Lol, the fact that australia knows the sport as soccer (soccceroos? - typical), says a lot. I despise countries that call footie soccer, so american it's untrue.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Except the Americans have shown some ability at Football!
Thanks.

Now I've just remembered John Harkes.

Not only that, I've just remembered John Harkes going round Leicester's goalie in the playoff final - and falling over the ball, and us conceding the winner 2 minutes later and losing 2-1.

Now I've got to go and rub my brain with sandpaper again.