• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jos Buttler Appreciation thread

Is Jos Buttler better than Bradman?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Another gun century. Averaging 36 and strike rate of 118 now. I reckon he can keep his average around the 36-38 mark and the SR around the 120 mark and will go down as the best English ODI bat ever.

Howe_zat

Audio File
116* 46 8 10 JC Buttler England v Pakistan Dubai (DSC) 20/11/2015
121 61 4 11 JC Buttler England v Sri Lanka Lord's 31/05/2014
129 66 5 13 JC Buttler England v New Zealand Birmingham 09/06/2015
100* 69 4 7 KP Pietersen England v South Africa East London 09/02/2005
104 71 2 13 JE Root England v New Zealand Birmingham 09/06/2015
105 73 5 11 JC Buttler England v South Africa Bloemfontein 03/01/2016

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing KP had the record as long as he did and now is completely overtaken and surrounded by Buttler's knocks in the last 2 years

grecian

Amazing KP had the record as long as he did and now is completely overtaken and surrounded by Buttler's knocks in the last 2 years
Not that amazing if you watched us bat regularly in the decade in-between.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have some sympathy with the idea that trying to find players better than world class ODI bats like Buttler, Hales and to a lesser extent Morgan/Roy is biting off more than we can chew.

grecian

I have some sympathy with the idea that trying to find players better than world class ODI bats like Buttler, Hales and to a lesser extent Morgan/Roy is biting off more than we can chew.
I have no sympathy with it whatsoever when it comes to Jos, if he wanted to play Test Cricket, play and score more first-class runs.

Hales however has done that, and deserves his chance, hopefully in the middle-order. Jos form has even decelerated in limited-overs for us, so no rfason to pick him.

Oh **** I started this appreciation thread, maybe my post is off topic, or against the rub, mind you going to Lancashire may well have rubbed a bitter person the wrong way.

grecian

I guess the Tikolo/Bradman meme has died now, mind you not sure meme was a thing when it started.