• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jesse Ryder back?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After having a look at the casualty list posted in the tour thread I expect him to be in the side this season. Does he get injured much Heath?
I don't think he's had a proper New Zealand style injury yet. Certainly nothing I can recall.

On another note, interesting to see the Wellington club cricketer I was tipping for Wellington honours - Mark Houghton - has been called up to the Wellington squad of 12 for the first first class game of the season.

Perm

I reckon we'll phase him into the side against Bangladesh ITBT. Expecting him and Taylor to make big runs.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That series can't come soon enough. We need to win something. We need the whole team to perform too. I can see 2 batsman gunning it against Bangladesh and the rest doing nothing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That series can't come soon enough. We need to win something. We need the whole team to perform too. I can see 2 batsman gunning it against Bangladesh and the rest doing nothing.
4 IMO, but the other two will be Vettori and Franklin.

Flem274*

123/5
4 IMO, but the other two will be Vettori and Franklin.
haha so true.

I was thinking that against bangladesh we should try a few rookies to give them a taster, especially with our form and injury records. The team:

Papps (Needs runs like a fish needs water)
How
Ryder
Fleming (experience to guide the rookies)
Taylor
Broom/Oram
McCullum
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
Bennet

Gun team IMO

Bah! just pick him.

Pick and have him on a basis that no matter what he scores if his attitude disrupts the team he is dropped.

The thing is I can see us making our normal mistake of picking him for odi's but not tests just because he is aggressive. The thing is his list a record isnt great- its his first class record. So just go ahead and pick him for that.

Anyway, If he scores runs and runs who cares if he gets fat ????? We don't have to like him, just have to like his cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Bah! just pick him.

Pick and have him on a basis that no matter what he scores if his attitude disrupts the team he is dropped.

The thing is I can see us making our normal mistake of picking him for odi's but not tests just because he is aggressive. The thing is his list a record isnt great- its his first class record. So just go ahead and pick him for that.

Anyway, If he scores runs and runs who cares if he gets fat ????? We don't have to like him, just have to like his cricket.
One of the few times I've agreed with you.

HeathDavisSpeed

Wasn't you was it?
Nah. I'm injured at the moment. Might not play this season, sadly. Could be hanging the old boots and pads up at this rate... still hoping to get fit for the end of season tour to Brisbane though - not looking likely. Might be going over in a 'support' role at the end of the day.

Craig

World Traveller
Nah. I'm injured at the moment. Might not play this season, sadly. Could be hanging the old boots and pads up at this rate... still hoping to get fit for the end of season tour to Brisbane though - not looking likely. Might be going over in a 'support' role at the end of the day.
Does 'support' mean hitting up the local drinking holes? Your welcome to the XXXX.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Two people have gone out of their way to mention how attractive Ryder's current girlfriend is, so make of that what you will.

From what I've gathered Ryder's genuinely a little jilted NZ haven't given him a chance already, which is swagger on a level that I have difficulty keeping a straight face to.
Smack Shane Bond around in a few net sessions and suddenly what you're doing day-in day-out against the Brent Heffords of this world should be irrelevant, which just shows what disdain even the players themselves hold for the 'I'll force my way in through sheer weight of runs in domestic cricket' theory. Any scholarly argument I put to someone like Ryder would be adequately countered by a 'Papps...LOL' text message at this point.

Last edited: