• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't really disagree with the fact that there are too many average players making an ok living in county cricket.

It's just the way he puts it. He's so condescending. What a way to put down a lot of people.

He'd still be playing for England if he learnt that he can't treat people with such disrespect and used a little tact.

There weren't many players in county cricket who liked KP before this but that's another group of players with a load of hate.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I don't know about that. Jono gets abused a lot and still keeps playing on at CW.

Perhaps the muppets at County Cricket could improve their skills instead of crying over their hurt feels.

Any inference from the above two statements that Jono is a muppet is unintentional and purely coincidental.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I mean, I didn't set out to suggest the inference, but once I realised it, I CBF to think up a new analogy.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really disagree with the fact that there are too many average players making an ok living in county cricket.

It's just the way he puts it. He's so condescending. What a way to put down a lot of people.

He'd still be playing for England if he learnt that he can't treat people with such disrespect and used a little tact.

There weren't many players in county cricket who liked KP before this but that's another group of players with a load of hate.
By the same token, you shouldn't have to be a genius to play professional sport. There's room for diversity. I mean, who doesn't get behind the plodder averaging low-30's for a decade who has a wicked year and jags a Test?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
By the same token, you shouldn't have to be a genius to play professional sport. There's room for diversity. I mean, who doesn't get behind the plodder averaging low-30's for a decade who has a wicked year and jags a Test?
Yes just for clarifications sake because I'm not sure my original post is that clear but I don't have a problem with the players* personally per se. Who I am to criticize somone's motivations etc.

I meant it more as a criticism of the English system as whole which has barely created a great player in the last 30 years and imo has a few too many **** players at the bottom.

*The average cricket who isn't that bothered or comes into the game and really isn't good enough.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We get it, you've got a thing for Harris.

Spark

Global Moderator
nah look i love a good story as much as anyone but absolutely nothing compares to the 21yo 145kmh+ axe-murderer fast bowler who can bowl magic outswingers

:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't know about that. Jono gets abused a lot and still keeps playing on at CW.

Perhaps the muppets at County Cricket could improve their skills instead of crying over their hurt feels.

Any inference from the above two statements that Jono is a muppet is unintentional and purely coincidental.
Man...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

"We" at CW call him Joni, FFS...

Niall

International Coach
Ugh.The Bash is awesome and yeah I think it is better then the Blast, but some of the stuff Kevin comes up with to suit his own agenda is crazy. He moans that t20 in England about thee gaps between to big, but ignores the fact he played more regularly in the blast than in the Bash where they also had very long gaps. I suppose in those terrible gaps in the Blast, did he ever entertain the possibility of playing 50 over or 4 day cricket and try and help Surrey who are paying him good money now and then?

Also he keeps moaning about how the Blast has no stars compared to the Bash. er Kane, Dilshan, Amla and Ajmal all rocked up last year. The Blast was marketed quite well and its great fun, but really have not seen to much quality at all, and some of the oversea players were jobbers as well.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of your list I'd reckon only Anderson comes close.
As a ****? Or a player who can win matches?

KP caused trouble, but is it any more than what has ultimately been caused by other players thinking they're bigger than the team? The team disharmony is more than just KP, it's the other clowns who let their egos get the better of them too.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As a ****? Or a player who can win matches?

KP caused trouble, but is it any more than what has ultimately been caused by other players thinking they're bigger than the team? The team disharmony is more than just KP, it's the other clowns who let their egos get the better of them too.
The view from the inside seems to suggest otherwise, though I doubt any of us will ever know for sure.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The view from inside?? As far as I have followed, Morgan and a couple of other guys have batted for KP too... I think there has been a lot of Anderson, Broad and Swann Vs KP... And during the first flare up, Strauss got into the bowlers group as well.. But even then, I remember Prior and Cook batting for KP a bit.. Guess after the Ashes tour, those two joined with the other group too...

From this distance and as a casual observer, it looks like KP was just as much of a **** as Anderson, Broad and Swann were.. It is just that when it went up against the captain and coach, they all joined up and decided it was too much for them. I am sure KP has made his share of mistakes in letting the situation get to such proportions, but I am almost 100% sure that others have been at fault just as much as him, most importantly, ECB and what seems like an egomaniac head of theirs, Giles Clarke... Seriously, he puts Srini to shame at times...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Think it's hilarious that even if the ECB decide they might decide he's available for selection again it might not work out for KP because he needs to find a county that actually want him.

Guess your least favourite England player got in the ears of Nottinghamshire, Hampshire and Surrey and got them to sack him too.