• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must admit I find Swann mildly irritating. Obviously I don't know the chap personally, but his public personna comes across like one of those irritating, try-hard work-mates of mates who tag along on big nights out and piss off all and sundry by talking incessant shyte and feel the need to top everyone else's anecdotes with their own unlikely sounding tall-tales.

Apparently he and Sammy Patel don't get on either and the latter seems one of the most inoffensive blokes to wear the three lions of late.
Oh, I've always agreed with you on Swann, I would find him immensely irritating in large doses. Yet because of the aforementioned reasons I'm not sure why he's been singled out here.

grecian

Swann writes crap about KP... Gets away with it.
Broad writes crap on twitter... Gets away with it.
Bresnan fights people on twitter... Gets away with it.

English players write "tell-all" tales about KP and the English dressing room... They get away with it.

English players create a fake twitter id of KP... They get away with it.

KP simply sends some texts and you ban him? Really?

I'm not English but I'm glad I'm not downright biased and stupid like some Englishmen in here.
Well thanks for your input:)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Must admit I find Swann mildly irritating. Obviously I don't know the chap personally, but his public personna comes across like one of those irritating, try-hard work-mates of mates who tag along on big nights out and piss off all and sundry by talking incessant shyte and feel the need to top everyone else's anecdotes with their own unlikely sounding tall-tales.

Apparently he and Sammy Patel don't get on either and the latter seems one of the most inoffensive blokes to wear the three lions of late.
His book was the turning point. Until then, his performances matched the ****iness. Since then, they haven't come close. There's a lesson there for anyone considering writing a book until their career is done & dusted.

pat_b

Cricket Spectator
yeah, such is his ****y attitude he releases a book a couple of years into his career instead of at the end like most would. he probably did deserve the smack in the mouth from goughy he wrote about lol. it's all well and good being ****y, but like others say; only when you back it up on the field. which he hasn't for some time now. pietersen got the same amount of wickets for a lot less against the saffers, says it all really :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I got to clear the air a bit about my post. I have NOT followed the whole KP saga as closely as I might have done with many other cricket stories. But from everything I have read around this and my own judgement of some of these players (based on how they act when playing cricket, obviously not a great indicator but the best at my disposal), I felt that quite a bit of the attitude towards KP from "certain" English players seemed to stem out of a bit of jealousy and anger at all his IPL and other adulation.. I am sure a guy with KP's ego can't be easy to get on with inside the dressing room but to me, this whole situation since it started has just looked like 3 or 4 guys ganging up on one player with the coach and captain's blessings.. Again, I am not going to sift through the net to bring up links that back up what I post but from whatever I have read and seen, this is the opinion I have on the situation.

And let's be fair, there have been people with BIGGER egos than KP who have been part of successful teams. Everyone has their problems getting along inside the dressing room but most teams, esp. good and successful teams, just manage to ensure they stay WITHIN the dressing room and doesn't spill out over books, twitter etc. While I would blame KP and his seemingly big ego for people not getting along with him in the dressing room, I would still think it is the fault of those "certain" teammates of his, the England Team Management and the ECB that all of this had come out so publicly and for the situation to reach these unprecedented levels.

Last edited:

grecian

yeah, such is his ****y attitude he releases a book a couple of years into his career instead of at the end like most would. he probably did deserve the smack in the mouth from goughy he wrote about lol. it's all well and good being ****y, but like others say; only when you back it up on the field. which he hasn't for some time now. pietersen got the same amount of wickets for a lot less against the saffers, says it all really :)
Umm, Kp has also released an auto-biography, your last sentence says nothing. Gough is a ****.

I'm not sure, again, why we're talking about Swann's form, and what this has got to do with anything.

FTR, I would not let any England player release an Auto-biography whilst he was still contracted.

grecian

I got to clear the air a bit about my post. I have NOT followed the whole KP saga as closely as I might have done with many other cricket stories. But from everything I have read around this and my own judgement of some of these players (based on how they act when playing cricket, obviously not a great indicator but the best at my disposal), I felt that quite a bit of the attitude towards KP from "certain" English players seemed to stem out of a bit of jealousy and anger at all his IPL and other adulation.. I am sure a guy with KP's ego can't be easy to get on with inside the dressing room but to me, this whole situation since it started has just looked like 3 or 4 guys ganging up on one player with the coach and captain's blessings.. Again, I am not going to sift through the net to bring up links that back up what I post but from whatever I have read and seen, this is the opinion I have on the situation.
So you mentioned jimmeh and swann, coz they're stroppy in the field? What about all KP's other falling-outs in his career, was everyone jellus?

pat_b

Cricket Spectator
i did say most players lol. totally agree with you there, nobody should be allowed to release a book until they've finished their contract:)

grecian

This backdated interview not gonna help much particularly:

figjam said:
"The best players in Test cricket have got the best contracts in the IPL," he says. "You know that's where you build the brand."
So that's why he wants his test place back.......

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe that Anderson and Swann were jealous of KP at all really... sure they'd probably like a bit of money and an IPL contract, but they get more adulation from the English public than KP anyway, and they're hardly short of money themselves with all their sponsorship opportunities. KP may like to think everyone's jealous of him, but I really don't think many of them are... and he may think that everyone wants to be like him but that's just his ego talking.

Plus the idea that Flower and Strauss are happy with people ganging up on someone who has done nothing wrong because they're jealous of him just seems so ridiculously far-fetched it's crazy.

Of course, according to KP's people how poorly KP was treated has all yet to come out, but the media are being paid by the ECB not to say anything and to twist the story to make KP look bad... so who knows.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think it's highly unfair of you to accuse Strauss like that HB. I don't think he would ever do that, and KP wouldn't be the only one Staruss would have been "jealous" about, if he was the jealous type.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it's highly unfair of you to accuse Strauss like that HB. I don't think he would ever do that, and KP wouldn't be the only one Staruss would have been "jealous" about, if he was the jealous type.
Well.. I have to clear the air more.. The ones that IMO are jealous of KP are Broad, Swann and Anderson. I never accused Strauss as being jealous of KP but I do think he sided with these three against KP and sort of let the whole issue flare out of control.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can't believe that Anderson and Swann were jealous of KP at all really... sure they'd probably like a bit of money and an IPL contract, but they get more adulation from the English public than KP anyway, and they're hardly short of money themselves with all their sponsorship opportunities. KP may like to think everyone's jealous of him, but I really don't think many of them are... and he may think that everyone wants to be like him but that's just his ego talking.

Plus the idea that Flower and Strauss are happy with people ganging up on someone who has done nothing wrong because they're jealous of him just seems so ridiculously far-fetched it's crazy.

Of course, according to KP's people how poorly KP was treated has all yet to come out, but the media are being paid by the ECB not to say anything and to twist the story to make KP look bad... so who knows.
:laugh: I agree that KP is no angel.. In fact, if you read my edited post, I have added in quite a bit. Put it this way: I think a group of people were upset/jealous/both of how KP has been acting and because of his ego, they start ganging up on him, the captain and coach (who are both upset with KP over his ego as well) don't do much but just join in on the ganging up, KP goes against the board as well, so the board sees an opportunity and shoves him out.

It just sounded fishy to me that the guy who created the fake twitter account could just walk up and apologize and see it get accepted gratefully but when KP does, it is NOT enough. To me, that is where things just started looking like people ganging up to get KP out of the team. Now, if KP would have given them good enough reason for them to want to do that, that is a totally different question and given his attitude, I think KP may well have acted so bad that a part of his team desperately wanted him out of the team.