• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do a poll of who thinks he should be recalled, with options for England fans and non. See what results you get.

I don't think it's anything to do with knowing anything about English cricket; I wouldn't genuinely be that arrogant. But do we want him in the team? It's not as clearcut as you seem to think

Sadly the answer to Pothas's question is still Piers Morgan. Then it's he who shall not be named who has never discovered multi quote or the concept of a thread moving on. And then Jono.

Yep.. its everyone's fault but mine... GIMH s really Giles Clarke, I guess,,, :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Please stop engaging me and pulling tongues to make it look like you aren't posting aggressive drivel.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Do a poll of who thinks he should be recalled, with options for England fans and non. See what results you get.

I don't think it's anything to do with knowing anything about English cricket; I wouldn't genuinely be that arrogant. But do we want him in the team? It's not as clearcut as you seem to think

Sadly the answer to Pothas's question is still Piers Morgan. Then it's he who shall not be named who has never discovered multi quote or the concept of a thread moving on. And then Jono.
What you say about England fans vs others is true at least on CW. Wonder if that is something similar to Indian fans sometimes supporting some decisions of BCCI when it is seemingly pretty obvious to everyone else that they shouldn't be.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyone else feel thread title should be changed to "Its Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Saga" ??? Surely it has to be acknowledged that this is much bigger than just a "Story" :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What you say about England fans vs others is true at least on CW. Wonder if that is something similar to Indian fans sometimes supporting some decisions of BCCI when it is seemingly pretty obvious to everyone else that they shouldn't be.
Yeah must be said outside of CW most of my cricket fan friends do think KP should be in the side

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey at least it has stopped people talking about the awful way they sacked Moores. Masters of PR this lot.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GIMH, why are you still pro Strauss? Genuine question. Surely you agree he shouldn't be giving that press conference? And therefore if he's incapable of tackling a key issue of English cricket right now without seeming unbiased he shouldn't be in the position he is in?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what's he do now then? Continue playing for Surrey?
Would be awful for the ECB if he does. Doubt it though, probably go back to just playing various twenty20, which he would have being doing the whole time if it was not for Colin ****ing Graves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono.. whats with you and your love for talented but narcissistic batsmen? :p
Lol. I was anti kp in 2012. Horrendous act from him and deserved to be kicked out of the team.

After that though once all is forgiven you can't drag 2012 back up again when it's convenient imo. You brought him back knowing the devil he was.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GIMH, why are you still pro Strauss? Genuine question. Surely you agree he shouldn't be giving that press conference? And therefore if he's incapable of tackling a key issue of English cricket right now without seeming unbiased he shouldn't be in the position he is in?
Where did I say I was pro Strauss?

I'll answer your other q's though.

If he doesn't give the press conference, then what? More leaks?

I mean I dispute the bias aspect in as much as I feel it's been based on his feelings of KP the cricketer rather than the man outside cricket, as much as the two have clearly combined to create this cluster****. And if you want someone with no knowledge of KP then you're getting someone in the role who isn't in touch with English cricket. So what do you do? Strauss's recent experience is a massive asset to his role. If it gives him some pre-ordained opinions, rather that than a Boycott or Botham era relic.

But I wouldn't say I'm pro-Strauss. It's more that I think some of the comments made about how he shouldn't be in the job etc have been ridiculous, and that he's getting an awful lot of flak for upholding a decision that was already made before him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Where did I say I was pro Strauss?

I'll answer your other q's though.

If he doesn't give the press conference, then what? More leaks?

I mean I dispute the bias aspect in as much as I feel it's been based on his feelings of KP the cricketer rather than the man outside cricket, as much as the two have clearly combined to create this cluster****. And if you want someone with no knowledge of KP then you're getting someone in the role who isn't in touch with English cricket. So what do you do? Strauss's recent experience is a massive asset to his role. If it gives him some pre-ordained opinions, rather that than a Boycott or Botham era relic.

But I wouldn't say I'm pro-Strauss. It's more that I think some of the comments made about how he shouldn't be in the job etc have been ridiculous, and that he's getting an awful lot of flak for upholding a decision that was already made before him.
Shouldn't be giving that press conference in that it shouldn't be him. It's a complete conflict. You can't have a guy that called kp a **** on live TV be giving a press conference like that. The director of cricket or whatever his title is should not be stained with such a bias perception. It's just 101.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would be awful for the ECB if he does. Doubt it though, probably go back to just playing various twenty20, which he would have being doing the whole time if it was not for Colin ****ing Graves.
I meant for the rest of the summer.

Worth noting though, if he's playing for Surrey for free, he's under absolutely no obligation to stay if he cbf.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Shouldn't be giving that press conference in that it shouldn't be him. It's a complete conflict. You can't have a guy that called kp a **** on live TV be giving a press conference like that. The director of cricket or whatever his title is should not be stained with such a bias perception. It's just 101.
Oh I get ya. Yeah fair enough, get someone else to do it.