• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"It's in the air""and safe""and out!"

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Let's hope for the return of this much-loved glitch.

And a few good (and well-remembered) lines:
You can't afford to berl at 'im there
Australia have won the toss and elected to bat. We'll see if that was the right decision, as the match wears on.
Thut was an easy decision for the oompire. (it) would've hit all three stoomps, 'alf way up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What was the game that had the classic "Nearly took 'is 'ead off, that's what the kids want to see!" ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
membersstand said:
Let's hope for the return of this much-loved glitch.

And a few good (and well-remembered) lines:
You can't afford to berl at 'im there
Australia have won the toss and elected to bat. We'll see if that was the right decision, as the match wears on.
Thut was an easy decision for the oompire. (it) would've hit all three stoomps, 'alf way up.
LMAO Great thread.

Those are stuck in my head for eternity, especially "*ENTER TEAM* have won the toss and elected to bat. We'll see if that was the right decision, as the match wears on."

NikhilN

International Regular
"Thats almost came to the commentary box" when the ball just bounced after the rope...the funniest ever

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
I think it must be a codemasters things, the only other game which I remember lines off is Jonah Lomu Rugby (some of these may be slightly incorrect):

Goes for the Garyowen
He's like a sherman tank, charging down the field.
They'll be celebrating into the wee small ures
but the best...
"(can't remember) straight to ward four" "I hope not bill, that's the maternity ward"

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hehe smashing 0/400 than bowling the othe team out for 0 :D my first cricket computer game and i enjoyed many hours playing it

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
I think we could have a similar thread on ICC (although I cant be bothered starting it)

One of the most memorable for me is "Hello and welcome to the county ground, Chelmsford"

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
There were also some good ACC ones at the end of each session (I remember one aboout reaching into the brown paper bag)

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
membersstand said:
I think we could have a similar thread on ICC (although I cant be bothered starting it)

One of the most memorable for me is "Hello and welcome to the county ground, Chelmsford"
How's that a glitch?

Essex's ground at Chelmsford is called the County Ground.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Glenn Stiemens said:
How's that a glitch?

Essex's ground at Chelmsford is called the County Ground.
Thanks Glenn, incredibly helpful. If you'd read the thread (as I'm sure you did :p), you'd notice it's no longer a glitch thread..

Treximus

Cricket Spectator
I remeber such greats as:

'Matambanadzo steaming in once more'

and Boycott saying something like his gran could bowl better than that.

Also, a Jonah Lomu Rugby beauty, 'He's digging like a demented mole there!'