• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It just doesn't get any better than this !!

Sehwag309

Banned
Whats the deal with rugby and cricket. I read a while back that Ponting said they will deal with the Poms in cricket after their rugby win
 

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
Whats the deal with rugby and cricket. I read a while back that Ponting said they will deal with the Poms in cricket after their rugby win
They beat us all the time...we beat them once a decade...we gloat for the rest of that decade...they get angry...start beating us again, by bigger margins
 

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oztamer said:
First its rugby and now its cricket - we Poms love whooping your hairy Oz butts so bend over and take the thrashing you deserve !!!

Roll on next summer and be afraid............be very afraid :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3677924.stm
How convenient you signed up to the forum now...

Another bandwagon supporter, ala the thousands of them after the RWC 2003.

You seem to have forgotten your rugby tour to NZ and Aus this year.
 

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oztamer said:
First its rugby and now its cricket - we Poms love whooping your hairy Oz butts so bend over and take the thrashing you deserve !!!

Roll on next summer and be afraid............be very afraid :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3677924.stm
Yes - what did I say about we English being civilised?

I had a feeling when I received confirmation of this joker joining that we'd have a lively first post.

Welcome, Oztamer. Now behave before I put you over my knee - and say sorry to the nice convicts. :dry:
 

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Not forgotten, but taken in context (how many players either didn't go or were knackered?)
Excuses? It was a new era after the World Cup - players had retired (Johnson, Back) and your kingpin, Wilko, was injured. Robinson was the only one genuinely rested.

So are any England rugby matches in the future to be 'taken in context' bearing in mind your best ever side is no longer playing?

I think you have been reading too many Stephen Jones columns.
 

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
JackRussellsHat said:
Absolutely, what a day. Even better being sat by an Aussie in the middle of the barmy army today!

Roll on next year!
You weren't "sat by an Aussie" you were "sitting by an Aussie", christ - the language is named after you, get it together! haha

I know, I know, that's how you say it over there, but it's all gone horribly wrong!
 

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Voltman said:
Excuses? It was a new era after the World Cup - players had retired (Johnson, Back) and your kingpin, Wilko, was injured. Robinson was the only one genuinely rested.

But how many were knackered out from about 9 months solid Rugby (contrasted with the break experienced by the Southern Hemisphere sides)
 

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
But how many were knackered out from about 9 months solid Rugby (contrasted with the break experienced by the Southern Hemisphere sides)
You can argue that the All Blacks hadn't even had a game together, let alone been under the coaching of Henry/Smith/Hansen.

International rugby is always going to have the problem of playing at the end of one hemisphere's season.
 

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
You weren't "sat by an Aussie" you were "sitting by an Aussie", christ - the language is named after you, get it together! haha

I know, I know, that's how you say it over there, but it's all gone horribly wrong!
Maybe an Australian forced him to sit down?
 

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
You can argue that the All Blacks hadn't even had a game together, let alone been under the coaching of Henry/Smith/Hansen.

International rugby is always going to have the problem of playing at the end of one hemisphere's season.
You see it with the World CLub Challenge in League, except the end of the season seems to be a benefit for one team, cause the other hasn't even played a game at the start of a new season - thus no match practice.
 

FRAZ

International Captain
steds said:
First post...****y, arrogant, self-assured, Aussie-hating, gloating...you'll do for us!
Steds buddy you answered and you deserved to answer and then they say Why fraz Answers . Pathetic Racism aint it :D
 

cbuts

International Debutant
Oztamer said:
First its rugby and now its cricket - we Poms love whooping your hairy Oz butts so bend over and take the thrashing you deserve !!!

Roll on next summer and be afraid............be very afraid :laugh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3677924.stm
about time u guys had some success, i mean u invented all these sports yet up till recently u sucked at them. admitidly ur rugby team is back where they belong, 3rd.
 

cbuts

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Not forgotten, but taken in context (how many players either didn't go or were knackered?)
yea i mean the world cup was after our super 12, home tests, tri nations, and for some npc.... no wonder u gusy won, we had just come off 9 months. as was earlier mentioned, thats the biggest problem with int. rugby - its no excuse either.
 

Top