• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't the Brisbane Pitch against the rules of the ICC

PhoenixFire

International Coach
5 results means 5 decent test match pitches. Stupid thread.
Haha, I've never heard so much **** in my life. That just doesn't make sense at all. You could play all 5 matches on a front lawn and you'd get 5 results, but it wouldn't be a good test match pitch would it?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I agree that a result doesn't necessarily mean a good wicket, but I think it's obvious that a wicket like (for instance) Brisbane was merely a good batting wicket, rather than an absolute road that was bad for cricket. If you bowled well and had a balanced attack, there was something there for the bowlers.

The only wicket in the series that was really bad was Adelaide IMO. The rest of the series was okay. A little less assistance for the bowlers than what would be ideal, but there was at least some variation from one test to another. Sydney probably had the best pitch of the series.