• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Shakib Al Hasan Finished as an International Cricketer?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah sadly seems to be the case. Has done his reputation massive harm since 2018. He doesnt even want to play tests anymore.

_Ed_

I've been a big fan for most of his career, but jeez he's plummeted in my estimations in recent years. Has to be running out of chances, surely.

cnerd123

likes this
He's still quality as a cricketer but is a questionable role model for youngsters in and around BD cricket these days.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I find it very tough to criticize any Bangladeshi player rebelling given that Lord Protector clown who runs the BCB but as a seasoned international cricketer, you have to be able to show patience and restraint. He is not doing himself any favors when he is being seen as the bad guy in a tussle with the BCB and its patron.

TheJediBrah

I find it very tough to criticize any Bangladeshi player rebelling given that Lord Protector clown who runs the BCB but as a seasoned international cricketer, you have to be able to show patience and restraint. He is not doing himself any favors when he is being seen as the bad guy in a tussle with the BCB and its patron.
Was actually thinking this a bit myself. Now keep in mind I'm getting most of this info from facebook comments (I know, I know) but the general consensus from those in that part of the world is that nearly every game is fixed and the umpires are a big part of it. If true, which is a big if, I can definitely understand a player's frustration.

Gob

International Coach
Was actually thinking this a bit myself. Now keep in mind I'm getting most of this info from facebook comments (I know, I know) but the general consensus from those in that part of the world is that nearly every game is fixed and the umpires are a big part of it. If true, which is a big if, I can definitely understand a player's frustration.
Wait i wasn't aware of this. This certainly paints a very different picture all of a sudden if true

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wait i wasn't aware of this. This certainly paints a very different picture all of a sudden if true
Not only that, the opponent side was coached by a BCB director - former international Khaled Mahmud. So you can see why he would be annoyed by biased umpiring towards a side that was literally coached by one of the BCB's highest ranking staff.

Gob

International Coach
Not only that, the opponent side was coached by a BCB director - former international Khaled Mahmud. So you can see why he would be annoyed by biased umpiring towards a side that was literally coached by one of the BCB's highest ranking staff.
Yeah the first thing i was really surprised by this is that this wasn't international to wear your heart in your sleeves. Yes professional cricketers pride their performances regardless of the format but big part of playing franchise cricket is earning so its not prudent to rile that.