• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is McGrath a chucker?

mcgrath a chucker?

• yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
this is just made by someone trying to get up aussies. good on ya mate. u're a f*ing funny *******
And how is it worse than the way some of the Aussies have been acting on this forum in the last couple of days?

Answer, it isn't.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Are you of the opinion that spinners should have the same tolerance level as all other bowlers?
As we can't see below 15 degrees with the naked eye, and because the arm speeds vary so widely, yeah, it seems like a good definitive figure.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ReallyCrazy said:
no next weeks question is "should warne be banned for chucking?"
You obviously missed the bit where it was 99%, I don't think Warne was actually looked at.

Deja moo

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Are you of the opinion that spinners should have the same tolerance level as all other bowlers?

The idea of different types of bowlers havign different allowances when it comes to throwing didnt make sense in the first place.

How would one slot Kumble ? As a spinner or as a medium pacer ?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Anyway, I think it was someone on this forum who had some info regarding arm speeds. Apparently Warne had a faster arm speed than McGrath...

anzac

International Debutant
in answer to the original question........

officially no he isn't - not until he is 'called' & investigated & officially found to be over the prescribed limits.............

if McGrath IS supposedly a 'chucker' under current circumstances without being called etc, then Murali IS a cheat for continuing to use the Doosra & obtain the WR when in ZIM, despite their being a loophole in the reporting process..........

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
dear god??! why cant people just enjoy watching cricket without analysing whether or not murali or mcgrath or warne is a chucker? who cares????

masterblaster

International Captain
Hit4Six said:
dear god??! why cant people just enjoy watching cricket without analysing whether or not murali or mcgrath or warne is a chucker? who cares????
Damn right, I've personally had enough of the whole thing. Lets just enjoy watching cricket for the positives it brings out. I personally now do not care an inch who chucks or not, my only beef was with what Murali said, and now I'm over that too.

:cool: :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Out of curiosity SJS , whats with all the bold fonts and colours ?
Nothing really. I suppose once you start using them, anything which is normal type, font size etc seems so ....so lack lustre :D

PS. I also tend to use it in a big post if there is a sentence or two I want to stand out and catch the attention of those who dont intend to read long posts. PLUS when I am being sarcastic :)

odyssey

Cricket Spectator
What a lame copycat thread.... 5 minutes after i put out the 'Is Murali a chucker' thread, this moron comes out with this thread.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
odyssey said:
What a lame copycat thread.... 5 minutes after i put out the 'Is Murali a chucker' thread, this moron comes out with this thread.
I believe the moron's intentions were similar to yours !! :D

What does that make you ? :laugh: :laugh: