• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Jimmy Adams the only player to ever complete this rare treble of achievements?

Julian87

State Captain
Mark Waugh:

*And of course he was a brilliant slips fieldsman, possibly in the top 5 ever and retired with 181 test catches, at the time the most ever
That's like saying The Beatles are possibly in the top 5 greatest bands of all time.

Julian87

State Captain
Ponting snared some decent batsman though

His 8 international wickets were Gurusinha, Jimmy Adams, Moin Khan, Jacobs, Vaughan, Ranatunga, Lara, Streak

All batsman, no tailenders
How often does a part timer get to bowl to a tail ender in a test career? Especially if they're from an ATG team.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Travis Head was listed as a wk in a few ICC iterations iirc.

Finch got his wicketkeeping hours up a bit when SuperNev kept getting concussed by freak accidents and/or Brad Hodge, and who can forget that period where he bowled a couple of dodgy overs of SLA seemingly every game?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
once again sometimes people do discuss things that aren't directly related to what you want to talk about. Not everything revolves around you and you don't have to ask people why they are posting about things every time it isn't about you or things you are saying.

:laugh: do you often talk to yourself like in this post? If people want to bring up other topics of discussion, they can do it without responding to me. FYI, when someone responds to my post, it does imply it has something to do with what I posted. Now take your own advice and understand you don't have to comment on every exchange, coz honestly, this has nothing to do with you.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't speak for anybody else, but I certainly wasn't talking to you at first until you chose to take issue with my post

Julian87

State Captain
that reminds me - Andrew Hall opened the batting, bowling, and even kept wicket once during his SA career right? Versatile player right there.
Good shout. Of everyone I've seen he's probably the most versatile. Succeeded as an opening bat and a bowling all rounder at the top level and could keep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't speak for anybody else, but I certainly wasn't talking to you at first until you chose to take issue with my post

Fair enough but once again, since it was directly after mine after I had brought up the player in question, I am sure its obvious why anyone would take it as a response to my post.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: do you often talk to yourself like in this post? If people want to bring up other topics of discussion, they can do it without responding to me. FYI, when someone responds to my post, it does imply it has something to do with what I posted. Now take your own advice and understand you don't have to comment on every exchange, coz honestly, this has nothing to do with you.
Bro not trying to start a fight, just noticed that you've actually done this 3 or 4 times recently and thought that maybe you didn't realise you were doing it. I can understand if you're fixated on a point you're trying to make, you can assume that every successive post is about exactly the same point and then get "upset" and take issue with something you see as not relevant. I'm sure we've all done it at some stage.

Also just because someone has quoted your post, doesn't mean that they are going to repond to the aspect of it that you would like them to. Much like in real life conversations, people will take parts of what you said, often unrelated to the point you want to make, and run with it in a different direction. Might help to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bro not trying to start a fight, just noticed that you've actually done this 3 or 4 times recently and thought that maybe you didn't realise you were doing it. I can understand if you're fixated on a point you're trying to make, you can assume that every successive post is about exactly the same point and then get "upset" and take issue with something you see as not relevant. I'm sure we've all done it at some stage.

Also just because someone has quoted your post, doesn't mean that they are going to repond to the aspect of it that you would like them to. Much like in real life conversations, people will take parts of what you said, often unrelated to the point you want to make, and run with it in a different direction. Might help to keep that in mind.

Do you always assume things and then treat them as reality like with these points? I am again telling you, when discussion and responses pertain to a topic, there is nothing wrong in bringing it up. It does not mean I am either "upset" or whatever, just pointing out the context (and the thread topic) under which said point is made. That is all. And I am done with this back and forth.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you always assume things and then treat them as reality like with these points? I am again telling you, when discussion and responses pertain to a topic, there is nothing wrong in bringing it up. It does not mean I am either "upset" or whatever, just pointing out the context (and the thread topic) under which said point is made. That is all. And I am done with this back and forth.
Ok bud. I didn't expect a thank you, but I bet $100 you stop doing it (at least for a while), and it makes things better for all of us.

a massive zebra

International Captain
William Beldham, by general consent the best batsman in the world at the end of the 18th century, must have been quite a versatile cricketer. In addition to his 7,042 runs, he also took at least* 218 wickets and made 48 stumpings in first class cricket.

*at the time, full bowling analysis were not recorded and bowlers were only credited with bowled dismissals

Last edited: