• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Jadeja the most underrated cricketer going?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bitch I've been rooting for him since his RR days and even have him as my avvie

All the rest of you are late converts. Some of us have always rated him.
I kept winning money on him getting MOTM in ODIs back when he was thought of as a joke cricketer, I had a soft spot for him due to that.

Remember when @hendrix tried to argue his bowling was nothing more than left arm Suresh Raina? Good times.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Remember when @hendrix tried to argue his bowling was nothing more than left arm Suresh Raina? Good times.
haha.. dont recall this at all... but I seem to remember (and I did go back to some old posts and check) that his bowling was almost always rated to an extent by most here, at least most Indian fans here. The question was always about his batting. There was the time between 2009 and 2013 when he did not have the big shots and power game to bat 7 and yet he kept batting there. And then there was the period between 2013 and 2017 where he improved his hitting ability but his defence had gone to an extent. And then 2017 happened and he gloriously started putting it all together. :wub:

LIke this post sums up what I felt about his batting back then -

And this post when I called for the Ash Jaddu pairing even in overseas tests. TBF, @OverratedSanity called for it in SA in 2013. But I wanted it on a permanent basis.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Was a proper FC batsman for the longest time before he started playing regularly for us and slipped into the 3rd spinner and then 2nd spinner roles.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The more I see of these underrated/overrated threads the more I'm convinced it's a useless claim.

Jadeja is obviously overrated by some and underrated by others, just like every other cricketer. So which you feel it is is just an expression of which opinions you hear (and are willing to complain about) more often. In other words, it only says something about you, and not the player. It just doesn't feel like a discussion on cricket.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The more I see of these underrated/overrated threads the more I'm convinced it's a more or less useless claim.

Jadeja is obviously overrated by some and underrated than others, just like every other cricketer. So which you feel it is is just an expression of which opinions you hear (and are willing to complain about) more often. In other words, it only says something about you, and not the player. It just doesn't feel like a discussion on cricket.
He was largely underrated prior to the Aus tour of 2000-21. Since then he's become largely right rated.

I want management to make him feel like a proper test batter, which he is, and bat him in Top 5 regularly (when Pant is there then no 6)