• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is 20/20 the new oneday Cricket

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
yes its the new one day cricket 8-) 8-)

geez half the teams have not even played the game.. how can u say that

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Because it takes the things out of cricket that are special and makes it common place. Its the same reason you don't have champagne or filet mignon everyday. Sooner or later you get sick of it and go to something else.

Fiery

Banned
mavric41 said:
Because it takes the things out of cricket that are special and makes it common place. Its the same reason you don't have champagne or filet mignon everyday. Sooner or later you get sick of it and go to something else.
I bathe in champagne every day and the novelty still hasn't worn off.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
I bathe in champagne every day and the novelty still hasn't worn off.
There are so many lines I could use about Kiwis and sheep with your answer, but I won't. :D :p

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Go ahead! :laugh:

Anyway...I hope it doesn't replace 50 over cricket, really love 50 over games.
Whoops missed the t. Silly me. I'll give myself an uppercut. Ouch! That really hurt!

Fiery

Banned
I just read an article in Time magazine which did a random survey of people from around the world that showed that Australians are considered "ugly" and "stupid" compared to New Zealanders. Wasn't sure if the results of the survey really prove anything but it's a pretty well-respected magazine.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
I think the same magazine said that New Zealanders were white and fluffy and made good jumpers. Who doesn't like that? :D

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
All I can say is 'ansjk13'

However I dare say it will take off, become unbelievably popular, pick up in the states, become an Olympic event, have America win it and produce a film about it, and then be replaced by Ten/10 cricket in 2039.

Der, doesn't it seem logical?

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
Fiery said:
I just read an article in Time magazine which did a random survey of people from around the world that showed that Australians are considered "ugly" and "stupid" compared to New Zealanders. Wasn't sure if the results of the survey really prove anything but it's a pretty well-respected magazine.
Well that's a lie. Kiwis can't read.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
If it does become the new OD cricket it will be because of the sports administrators greed and not because its a better game because its not. It cheapens everything thats great about cricket and it lacks any depth which is one of crickets great stengths. Its a mindless game.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arrow said:
If it does become the new OD cricket it will be because of the sports administrators greed and not because its a better game because its not. It cheapens everything thats great about cricket and it lacks any depth which is one of crickets great stengths. Its a mindless game.
Yes lets all bow down to your omniscient judgement of whether a game is 'better' than another format, lets completely ignore the full houses and the extra kids in the street who'll get interested in the game because you are 'The One'. I take it you're also the sort of person who turns off then when a side is 6/7 wickets down in case he sees a 'slog', or if it's the last 10 overs of an ODI, or if you need 170 off 40 overs in a Test match...

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Yes lets all bow down to your omniscient judgement of whether a game is 'better' than another format, lets completely ignore the full houses and the extra kids in the street who'll get interested in the game because you are 'The One'. I take it you're also the sort of person who turns off then when a side is 6/7 wickets down in case he sees a 'slog', or if it's the last 10 overs of an ODI, or if you need 170 off 40 overs in a Test match...
So popularity is indicative of quality? I guess you also think mcdonalds is tasty and friends was a funny comedy. Mass market appeal usually means something is pretty ****ty, and i dont remember cricket having problems with popularity to start with or kids taking up the game.
I love slogging as much as anyone but it needs to be in the right context to have any meaning otherwise its nothing. Sixes are so special because they are so hard to acheive because in proper cricket you cant just slog at every ball.