• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International or FC players you have played against?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not necessarily, a few guys here have bowled in nets to a pretty impressive list of players. One guy has practised with Shane Warne, so while its unlikely, I'd never assume for sure that Jamee999 hadn't thrown down a couple to Sachin in a warm up or similar.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not necessarily, a few guys here have bowled in nets to a pretty impressive list of players. One guy has practised with Shane Warne, so while its unlikely, I'd never assume for sure that Jamee999 hadn't thrown down a couple to Sachin in a warm up or similar.
Exactly.

Son Of Coco

Michael Slater
Greg Mail
Michael Clarke
Shane Lee
Michael Bevan
Brad Haddin
Mark Higgs
Stuart Clark
Nathan Bracken
Don Nash
someone else

Son Of Coco

That's a fair list - you've been associated with the NSW setup at some point?
We played a game against them when they toured around playing some state games. They were on their way to QLD and stopped off for a one day game to promote cricket in country areas, so I was associated for a day! haha

Son Of Coco

So how'd you go?
Well, I was lucky enough to slot in at 11 with the bat (as the real number 11 was sick after bowling) and compiled 4 before being bowled by Nash yorker I saw after the event had come to a shattering conclusion. The 4 was off Bevan though, so not a complete disaster.

Then, bowling, we were lucky enough to have the captain of our rep team in charge. I got to bowl to Slater and Bevan in different spells. Ended up with 1-45 off 9 overs, which I was happy with. To top it all off, Bevan inside edged one ball into his jatz crackers and went down in a heap and everyone laughed. All in all, a successful day :laugh:

...and we lost by 180 runs.

Chubb

International Regular
Played with Carlitos Lopez in a friendly match once. I was fielding at backward point and the batsman cut the ball down to third man, Cally was fielding at deep backward square and he ran around the boundary and beat me to it- about twice the distance I had to cover. He seemed like a decent guy, but he didn't come back to fulfill his contract with Axminster this year, for reasons unknown.

Played against a Zimbabwean first-class player called Chris McNally, he'd faced Brett Lee once, when he was playing for Matabeleland and Lee was on tour with Australia U19s. Also I guess my uncle counts, he played for England U19s.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I have played a Monday friendly match with Omesh Wiji-something who played for Sri Lanka A and was bloody rapid. Keepers would have to alternate between matches to keep to him (we dont have the best keepers, mind you, being a Division 3 club) and would stand 30 yards back and still come back with blistered hands.

He played mostly for our firsts and in the friendly, he bowled gentle off spin and took a fine caught and bowled chance, to which he went ecstatic. It was a good experience to see just how effortlessly he threw the ball in from the boundary to go perfectly over the stumps.

Never played against any FC cricketers but have played against some Kent Youth players for my club. Played the Dhoni fine leg reverse straight drive to a Kent U15 off spinner once, was a proud moment for me and the look on his face was priceless.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Mohammed Javed.

Played against this guy 2 weeks ago, he wasn't as good as his stats suggest. I troubled him several times when i pitched the ball up and he only played 1 offside shot off my bowling, pretty much any player would've hit a short wide one outside off stump, however. Has a really strange technique too, looked like and upside down L when he was in his stance.

He also didn't/hasn't bowled in any matches in Northern Ireland for some strange reason.