• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't even buy a win in FC, playing for Guyana.

I've got a decent pace bowling reserve. My batters are susceptible to the balls that are directed at the stumps. Footwork is non-existent.

I need help with training.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
T20s can suck a dick. Can't win them at all.
you need to play limited overs ball by ball, rather than over by over and reign in your batsmans aggression if/when they hit boundaries early in the over.

bowling, with seamers i go full and outside off with a packed offside field, 1 slip and a short leg (because they're so gun in icc).

spinners i have never been able to make consistently effective in short forms. i've tried bowling straighter to bring lbw and bowled more into play and spreading the field but they just don't seem to have the same impact that seamers do on this game in 50 and 20 overs.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, plus the addition of every single international player ever makes this game arguably the biggest upgrade they've ever done.

Who knows, one day they might even revamp their in-game graphics.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
all i want is for all the regions to sim alongside each other at domestic level.

otherwise the nation you work out of domestically always becomes overpowered due to the superior nature of their regens.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, plus the addition of every single international player ever makes this game arguably the biggest upgrade they've ever done.

Who knows, one day they might even revamp their in-game graphics.
Should go back to the 2005 graphics tbh. The highlights do nothing for me.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it might be nostalgica talking, but the older interface looked a lot better in my mind.
Not just nostalgia imo, the interface these days is big, with chunky buttons that clutter the screen. I really only bought the game for the sim league, i could see myself getting irritated with the UI if I was actually playing the game.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Annoying tendency since 2014 (?) where you can't skip the highlight until bowler lets go of the ball. Yeah, yeah, I know, turn highlights off but I do wanna see something sometimes.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this still year #2, Shri?

The RSA team looks to already be filled with regens. I've read on the CC database feedback thread that the database loses almost all of its relevancy very quickly.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Is this still year #2, Shri?

The RSA team looks to already be filled with regens. I've read on the CC database feedback thread that the database loses almost all of its relevancy very quickly.
Mah, different save. 2022 I think.