• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injustice to T20 World Cup

Sarthak Gothwal

Cricket Spectator
I am very disappointed to see that yet again just like 2021, there won't be any quarters in t20 world cup. Having 6 teams in a single pool, and only 2 teams can qualify(Semis) is utterly bull****, that means too many dead rubber matches. I don't know that if ICC on some weed while making the schedule format for WT20, it's such an entertaining format that helps making cricket a global sport, and they are ruining the tournament with their stupid formatting. They should do like what did for 2011 or 2015 odi WC, or can do something like round robin as of 2019 wc. Since 2014 is ICC Ruining T20 world cup

Sarthak Gothwal

Cricket Spectator
Group stages of 2014, 16, and 2021 wasn't much exciting. More chances of coming in the knock out is what makes the tournament more interesting. I personally like round robin format a lot, which ICC did for 2019 world cup

Sarthak Gothwal

Cricket Spectator
Yeah Super 4 has round robin fixtures. Excellent idea. All top 4 teams will clash against each other.
India & Pak in same group means 2 games are confirmed with high possibility of a final clash to make it 3.
Asia cup do not have round robin fixture this time, it was there in 2016 (Last T20 Asia Cup)

Socerer 01

International Captain
I am very disappointed to see that yet again just like 2021, there won't be any quarters in t20 world cup. Having 6 teams in a single pool, and only 2 teams can qualify(Semis) is utterly bull****, that means too many dead rubber matches. I don't know that if ICC on some weed while making the schedule format for WT20, it's such an entertaining format that helps making cricket a global sport, and they are ruining the tournament with their stupid formatting. They should do like what did for 2011 or 2015 odi WC, or can do something like round robin as of 2019 wc. Since 2014 is ICC Ruining T20 world cup
2019 WC is the same **** as the T20 one. Excpet it has even more meaningless games, yay.

Socerer 01

International Captain
That round robin was fair, till last the super 10 was alive
because England **** the bed in JRoy’s absence. If he was fit and they won those two games there would have been dead rubbers from there on. Instead we had slightly more meaningful games.

Bold of you to assume that the last four teams also stood a chance in 2019. Maybe Bangladesh did but the rest were dead fodder.