• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Senior Team Coach

Who do you support for the job?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shri said:
Do you? *crap*
Yes, when it is not crap...

I just do not think a coach should be that powerful for starters, and I definitely do not think a commandeering and biased towards the players I rate coach will help Indian cricket at all. Now if he were playing and was available as a player and captain, that I would be all for, provided we had a John Wright type coach to keep him calm and let him know when he is wrong. FYI, Ganguly never wanted Sachin and Sehwag to open in ODIs.. He wanted himself and Sehwag to open (something even I felt was right at that time, but obviously was wrong about) and it was only Sachin's insistence that he open that helped us have the WC we had in 2003. He was a great guy as captain for that era but him as a coach will be, as I said, a BIG mistake.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I agree, but Shastri is even worse in that respect. He was admittedly out to prove a point that Raina can be a good test player.

Still not as bad as Yuvraj as test opener...

You are right, Shastri is not the best bet either, IMO... I would prefer a guy like Moody or Vettori or Fleming. But Shastri can be nice to people without being overly bossy and that is not something I feel Ganguly would be great at. We already have a guy who is no Dhoni temperament wise as a captain and the last thing a budding player needs is another erupting volcano type as a coach who will rip them to shreds for a bad shot or a bad spell. Now if Dhoni is captain, I feel Ganguly might make a good coach but that is not the dynamic we will have now, is it?